With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
COASTAL GROWER RELATIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (6 MONTHS)
LOCATIONS: HEALDSBURG, CA, NAPA, CA, SONOMA, CA
Grower Relations Description
Gallo Family Vineyards owns and operates vineyards in Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Solano, Monterey, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. We also maintain long term contracts with growers from throughout California, as well as Washington. Fruit from these diverse growing regions supports a number of wine programs including: William Hill, Louis Martini, MacMurray Ranch, Bridlewood Estate, Frei Brothers, Edna Valley, Ghost Pines, Mirassou, Rancho Zabaco, and Orin Swift. The wineries in Healdsburg, CA and San Miguel, CA, are responsible for the production of many wines for the premium wine business.
Founded by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo in 1933 in Modesto, California, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world's largest family-owned winery and the acclaimed producer of award-winning wines and spirits featured in more than 90 countries around the globe. A pioneer in the art of grape growing, winemaking, sustainable practices, marketing and worldwide distribution, Gallo crafts and imports wines and spirits to suit a diverse range of tastes and occasions, from everyday offerings to boutique, luxury bottlings.
The Grower Relations Internship Program is searching for appropriate candidates to fill 6 month positions (June-December) within our Grower Relations Department. Coastal Winegrowing/Grower Relations strives to procure the highest quality wine grapes while matching demand for our wide arrange of wines. Interns will support the many different areas of our Grower Relations team including GIS/map building and analysis, grower outreach, crop estimation, pest and disease scouting, harvest scheduling and delivery coordination. The intern's essential functions are as follows:
• Support all Grower Relations operations.
• Create and maintain reports to track yield estimation, grape maturity and phenology activity.
• Use GPS technology and the Geographical Information System to implement precision farming and map vineyard infrastructure.
• Participate in pest and disease scouting and help draft treatment thresholds for specific pests.
• Assist with harvest activities including maturity sampling, harvest equipment preparation and quality control of fruit.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in the College of Agriculture or College of Sciences; OR have a Bachelor's degree in the College of Agriculture or College of Sciences.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
• Required to climb fixed stairs with handrails and vertical ladders with hoop cages to a height of 12 feet inspecting wine surfaces and on top of grape trucks inspecting loads.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to drive to and from varying ranch locations up to 30% of the time.
• Requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Available for the entire duration of this internship program - June 2023 through December 2023.
• Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Ag Business, Horticulture, Viticulture, or Enology.
• Skilled at working with individuals from diverse and varied backgrounds.
• General viticulture knowledge.
• Grape pest and disease identification.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Statistical Analysis (MiniTab, SAS), GPS Mapping and ArcView at a basic level.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Inside/Outside conditions: During crush, work estimated at 80% (50 Hours a week) outside with weather of varying types.
• Applicant is required to climb fixed stairs with handrails and vertical ladders with hoop cages to a height of 12 feet.
• Required to work mostly outside in Dusty/Hot /Cold/Rainy conditions.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $22.50 - $22.50
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Please note: Individuals utilizing CPT/OPT/AT will not be eligible for this internship as this is a temporary status to work in the United States and will require future sponsorship once that time has expired.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for ...