Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position includes installations, repairs, preventative, and emergency maintenance on a wide variety of facility equipment. Additionally, the technician will perform repairs and maintenance on support equipment, buildings, landscapes, fixtures, and systems across four winery properties in the Willamette Valley. This position will include driving between the facilities. The candidate should have availability to work 6 days a week from September through November
ESSENTINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication, filter replacing, and mechanical repairs to pumps, compressors, HVAC, and various equipment.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair winery equipment, which may require replacing components on installed equipment
• Complete work as requested by maintenance work orders.
• Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
• Purchase needed parts, receive and install.
• Conduct limited technical inspections on winery equipment and perform required preventative maintenance actions.
• Perform predictive maintenance on winery equipment.
• Support the Landscaping Team
• Assist in the movement of materials and equipment as required.
• Ability to operate a forklift and scissorlift.
• Assure safety standards that are used to comply with all company, city, state, and federal guidelines.
• Ability to work fluently across departments, including Production, DTC, and Real Estate.
• Perform any other task as assigned.
• Be a self-starter and work with limited supervision.
• Have good communication skills.
• Have good computer skills in Windows platform and the ability to learn PLC logics.
• Be able to read and write English and perform mathematical calculations.
• Be able to read and understand technical manuals and publications.
• Be able to read various types of gauges, meters and operate test equipment.
• Be able to consistently prioritize safety in the workplace.
• Must be able to work overtime as necessary during Harvest season, including weekends and evenings.
1 year winery or related industrial maintenance experience as a Maintenance Mechanic, or the equivalent technical training. Must have a functional knowledge of mechanical systems as they relate to equipment including hydraulics, air systems, vacuum systems, air conditioning, refrigeration, etc. Must be organized with good follow-through and time management skills. Must be able to work overhead and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must have a valid Oregon driver's license.
PAY RANGE: $17.57 - $21.30 - $25.02 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other's differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.