Gallo is proud to be expanding into Chester County, South Carolina! Our Chester County Operations facility will be situated on 630 acres and include bottling and canning capabilities, warehousing, a regional distribution center, and will serve as the eastern hub for our import and export business.
We're approaching 100 years of bold ideas and hard work that unite us in our goal to serve joy in the moments that matter. As a company that has thrived on the simple belief of taking care of our people first, we appreciate and value what matters most to you. We're all about providing some of the best benefits, rewards, and development programs available in your area. We focus on caring and respecting each other, because together, we make growth possible.
At Gallo, we're passionate about bringing our culture to life in Chester County and to building something truly amazing, together.
Chester County Operations | We Serve Joy!
The Project Engineer - Controls works cross-functionally as a technical engineer, taking on varying assignments including:
• Controls engineering design, programing and deployment of technology used in OT (operational technology) systems
• Investigating ideas & opportunities to improve company competitiveness.
• Improving throughput or reducing operational costs.
• Providing Subject Matter Expertise in a specific area or interest.
What You Will Do:
• Support electrical design, panel construction, machine installation, programming, and start-up systems.
• Implement controls platforms/network to ensure reliability, OT security access, reduce obsolescence following Gallo's corporate controls standards.
• Design electrical controls, tasks, scope and budget.
• Design of electrical schematics, PLC Programing and HMI Design.
• Evaluate vendor capabilities ensuring performance goals and project performance goals and project deliverables are met.
• Ability to travel as needed to support business needs.
• Creates project proposals or plans that outline electrical controls, tasks, scope and budget to meet business benefit, time frame, funding requirement, staffing needs, allotment of available resources, and critical requirements to accomplish goals for various phases of a project.
• Conducts experiments to demonstrate feasibility.
• Serves as the technical liaison offering recommendations or proposals in successfully carrying out organization initiatives.
• Functions as a liaison with customers, other departments and organizations to insure functional specifications are met.
• Prepares succinct and pertinent presentations to department leaders.
• Develops recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures.
• Participates in department and cross-functional planning sessions and updates across the organization.
• Recommends technology improvements or modifications by end to end systems analysis.
• Leads research and analytical studies to develop designs or specifications for products or processes.
• Tests new technologies or concepts to validate benefit to company and develops project proposals.
• Reviews proposals of outside vendors and makes recommendations.
• Assimilates and analyzes technical and cost data across multiple sources and processes to determine feasibility.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations based on test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
• Leads or supports cross-functional teams in the building or improving of capital assets or the commercialization of new products.
• Implements Lean Six Sigma principles such as the PDCA cycle, standard work and Kaizen to drive flow and continuous improvement.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 6 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility. which may include Gallo TMDP or OMDP experience; OR Bachelor of Science Degree plus 8 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Master's Degree in Engineering plus 4 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, which may include Gallo TMDP or OMDP experience; OR PhD of Engineering and 2 years of Engineering experience; OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 10 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of experience.
• Understands Basic Engineering and can follow standard work to achieve goals.
• Effectively presents ideas verbally.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• BS in Engineering Management, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio-Systems Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Civil Engineering, plus 7 years Engineering experience; OR MS in Engineering Management, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio-Systems Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Civil Engineering, plus 5 years Engineering experience
• L6S Certification (Black Belt/ Green Belt).
• $87,550 - $154,400
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this posi...