With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Perched high in the rugged terrain of the Mayacamas Mountains above Sonoma Valley sits the historic Monte Rosso Vineyard®. Our remarkable team is looking to add a Seasonal Vineyard Technician to assist in the growing of winegrapes on this unique property, including some of the oldest Zinfandel and Semillon grapevines in the world. Technicians in this role can expect to work 5 days a week with additional Saturday coverage during harvest and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do:
• Participate in the monitoring and collection of vineyard data including but not limited to pressure chamber readings and vine water status, petiole and soil samples, and yield estimation data.
• Perform vineyard scouting for pest and disease conditions and control.
• Collet labor and equipment operations performance data.
• Collect maturity samples prior to and during harvest along with performing other harvest related activities.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Ensure all actions and decisions are consistent with quality standards.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Abide by applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations.
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Required to work any shift and work overtime when required.
• Required to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Prior grape harvest experience to include scouting vineyards, collecting vineyard/soil samples or collecting vineyard data.
• Participation in college level courses.
• Knowledge of Agronomy.
• Knowledge of cultural techniques for wine grape growing including: leafing, shoot positioning, suckering, pruning and harvest.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $20.25 - $20.25
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.