About the Ambassador Program: For over a decade, the Boisset Collection Ambassador Program has cultivated a network of independent Ambassadors sharing our exceptional wines with the world. Ambassadors launch their own wine businesses, with training and support from Boisset Collection. The program provides the opportunity for entrepreneurs select a membership option serving as a catalyst to grow their business with Boisset Collection wines, whether it be a small side initiative or a full career. Generous commissions, retreats, and luxury rewards are available for top performing Ambassadors, all supported by Boisset Collections’ exceptional Ambassador program team.
Position Summary: As a charismatic leader, the General Manager for the Ambassador Program oversees all aspects of the operations, sales, community management, recruitment, retention, and marketing for the network of Ambassadors. Leading an internal team supporting all functions for the independent Ambassador’s success, the General Manager manages people, budgets, P&L, inventory, recruitment, retention, as they are ultimately responsible for the financial and operational success of the program. This position requires keen business acumen especially with financial analysis and direct selling through digital or social platforms with affiliate marketing. A breadth and depth of wine knowledge with the ability to speak passionately about Boisset Collection’s vast and unique offerings. Sophistication for a luxury brand and the ability to connect with a diverse community of Ambassadors are paramount for this role.
• Management of overall program and team including field sales, operations, customer service, and wine club subscription programs with administrative, financial, and analytical competency.
• Develop annual calendar of customer special offers and Ambassador incentives to against forecasted monthly sales goals in a manner that excites and delights.
• Lead marketing and digital campaigns utilizing tactics that keep the Ambassador program at the forefront of direct selling and maximize ROI.
• Conduct field training, leader coaching, and onboarding of independent representatives including the Ambassador Academy, live trainings, and training tools.
• Regularly review wine selections and wine planning for wine club and overall Ambassador program.
• Oversee technology platforms and outside vendors including Drupal commerce (GSATi), Multibrain, Dot Digital, Sengrid, and LMS systems.
• Provide leadership for monthly cross-department marketing meeting.
• Organize and led the bi-monthly Ambassador Diversity Committee Meetings, also ensuring Ensure donations are paid to charitable organizations from Unity and Joy & Serenity.
• Design and forecast field compensation plans, approve commission payouts and bonus adjustments with oversight from executive leadership.
• Produce a weekly management dashboard highlighting KPIs, sales, and budget.
• Serve as an internal advocate for the Ambassador program across various business units.
• Plan and execute annual Ambassador incentive trips.
• Lead weekly connected calls with guest speakers.
• Execute/attend regional events.
• Plan and lead Annual Retreat, Virtual Summer Wine Camp, and Leadership Summit, orchestrate the Wine Society Annual Event.
• Author and administrator of the Income Estimator which helps project an ambassador’s earning potential.
• Responsible for resolution of Ambassador concerns or concerns while enforcing Ambassador policies & procedures.
• Manage expenses/ownership of P&L, approving invoices, team expense reports.
• Oversee order fulfillment while managing the relationship with Wine Direct.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Manage team requests and needs in ADP, Human Resources Information System.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, financial reports, legal documents, and policies and procedures. Ability to write detailed reports and compile supporting data. Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, outside consultants, and other business contacts, and to facilitate meetings or training sessions as needed.
Math: Ability calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Logic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
Computer: Possess advanced intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing, intranet systems, and basic programming.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• 8-15+ years’ experience in direct selling sales leadership roles.
• High-level strategic & critical thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities to maximize company ROI.
• Strategic thinker able to see the big picture but also able to drive excellence in execution.
• Strong analytical skills and a drive to experiment; demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making.
• Charismatic, integrity driven relationship builder with proven experience nurturing cross company partnerships.
• Ability to inspire others, while communicating clear direction.