Treasury Wine Estates seeks an experienced Payroll Specialist to be a member of the Global Payroll Team. This position is responsible for understanding and ensuring legislative compliance that the US payroll team needs to meet and managing systems and vendors that support this work. The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for co-managing complex payroll runs for the various levels and entities across the Americas region. This role will also make sure all data is entered and captured accurately to help ensure payroll is efficiently delivered to the Americas region. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this role will participate in global improvement projects and be an ambassador with the business for any payroll questions.
Should have knowledge of the following:
Having strong attention to detail, current payroll and retirement methodologies and processes, preferably in the area of multi-state payroll systems; tax withholding, voluntary deductions, garnishments and supplemental insurance; principles and practices of training; accounting principles, financial analysis and research techniques; preparation, maintenance, verification and processing of payroll and reports; Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures; Federal, state, and local tax reporting rules and regulations; public school agency accounting rules and regulations; computerized financial accounting systems, spreadsheets and word processing software; Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy; Mathematical computations; proper English and grammar usage for oral and written communication.
* Gather information on hours worked for each employee
* Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
* Maintain accurate payroll records
* Responding to employee/manager payroll queries via ServiceNow
* Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
* Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute pay checks
* Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
* Update existing SOPs.
* Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
* Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
* Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
* Ensure payroll controls are in place and adhered to and make suggestions for implementing new controls for checking and processing payroll in instances they are not available.
* Escalate appropriately any payroll processing issues.
* Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
* You have 3+ years of strong experience executing payroll. Multi-state experience a plus.
* You have strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* You have advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUPS and the ability to process Macros); knowledge of Ascentis, Kronos and Agcode desired but not required
* You are computer savvy with working knowledge of payroll and timekeeping software
* You have excellent math and numerical skills; experience in accounting desired
* You are able to work independently with confidence
* You are able to see opportunities for continuous improvement
* You are a collaborative team player with positive attitude and ability to work with varied personalities
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
* "TWEforME Day" -an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you!
* Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together -that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun, and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion Equity and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay range offered for this position is $85,000 to $100,000 per year. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. Our expectation is that the incumbent will work out of Napa, CA. If the incumbent works out of another location, the wage rate may fall above or below this range. Treasury reserves the right to modify the range in the future.