Position Summary: The Finance Manager position is responsible for the company’s accounting operations, financial reporting and directs accounting and financial reporting policies in accordance with GAAP. In addition, the position manages all aspects of the accounting department including general ledger, accounts receivable/order processing, accounts payable, and inventory cost accounting. This position shall participate with the leadership team in identifying, developing, and implementing financial insight and management reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Responsible for all company accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations.
• Prepare annual grower assessment letters; manage assessment reporting to state/federal agencies.
• Coordinate classification and approval of all invoices/expenses with company staff.
• Production wine invoicing and close outs at time of shipping
• Manage payroll coordination and processing.
• Manage various separate legal entities and oversee consolidation process including intercompany eliminations.
• Lead monthly close process, providing accurate financials and insights to executive leadership.
• Interface with bank regarding line of credit maintenance.
• Manage internal reporting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset management with tax partner, taxes and insurance.
• Coordinate and oversee the annual consolidated review and tax processes.
• Work across departments to ensure accuracy of inventory tracking system (Vintrace).
• Manage inventory cost accounting ensuring accurate and appropriate monthly cost allocations.
• Development of key financial policies and procedures.
• Identify cost control measures and initiatives to ensure that the organization is run in a cost-effective manner.
• Perform month end close functions including bank account cash, general ledger reconciliations and journal entries.
• Weekly cash forecast reporting.
• Serve as the staff expert for all accounting matters, partnering with other departments as necessary on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications.
• Must have a strong technical and financial accounting background
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; MBA a plus
• Wine industry experience preferred
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports
• Proficient in QuickBooks Premier accounting software
• Strong Excel modeling skills
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Ability to drive 30 minutes per day.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.