ABOUT REALM CELLARS
Realm Cellars is a premium winery located in Stag’s Leap District. As part of a small crew, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of wine production. You will learn technical and sensory skills and have the chance to not just taste our wines, but top wines from all over the world! Experience is preferred but we are also willing to train.
The Realm Harvest Cellar Intern assists the cellar team with all day-to-day harvest operations including receiving grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning, and any other winery related tasks. We are a team of organized, positive, hard-working individuals who focus on achieving quality at the highest level while being efficient in the process and thorough in our winemaking. Ideal candidates have prior harvest/cellar or manual labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting.
Harvest Interns will be eligible for a $300 monthly housing stipend.
This temporary position will start in the Spring and end in November. There is potential to transition into full-time depending on position availability and performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Set up equipment to receive and process grapes
- Assist in pressing both red and whites – includes press loading, unloading, press cleaning
- Receive and process red grapes
- Punch downs and pump overs, drains, and dig outs
- Tank set up and sanitation
- Barrel work that includes prepping, filling barrels, topping, and racking
- Yeasting and nutrient additions
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks (e.g., sweeping, scooping up debris, using water hoses/pressure washers for wash-down of grounds or buildings, etc.)
- Clean and sanitize tanks pumps, fittings, and miscellaneous equipment as directed
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and walkways
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING
- Must be 18 years or older upon starting employment
- Must be available to work full-time hours plus overtime
- 1-2 years of cellar experience preferred, or 2+ years’ experience doing manual labor involving consistent heavy lifting. Experience in a production or manufacturing environment is ideal
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English; Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with a highly variable shift schedule (i.e., varying start and end times based on production schedule)
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Forklift skills a plus
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance, and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in a team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
To review the full job posting and apply, please click the "Apply on Company Website" link.