Amici Cellars is a family owned winery located in the hills above Calistoga, California. We make ultra-premium Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Sauvignon Blanc from some of the best vineyards in the Napa Valley, Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast. Our wine quality and reputation continues to garner high acclaim and recognition through our focus on heritage vineyards from world class wine regions and our commitment to the highest standards. We value mutual respect, dedication, the enjoyment of our craft, as well as having fun with our team.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual who is passionate about winemaking, detail oriented, quality driven, and wants to be a key player in our small company. A successful candidate will be expected to be do any and all tasks that help our 12,000 case facility and 10 acre property run successfully. This a great position for somebody that loves to make wine, doing all work from grape receival to bottling.
Efficiency, hustle, and the desire to grow are crucial for this position. Open and honest communication is paramount. This person must be a team player who is looking to work hard, make high quality wine, consistently take on more responsibility, and play a greater role in the running of the day to day work at our facility. A successful individual has the opportunity to move higher up the in the company and become the Cellarmaster.
A successful candidate must be able to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment including after-hours, weekends and overtime.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• All aspects of winery work in the cellar, including: topping, racking, pump-overs, fruit sorting, crushing, fermentation, and sanitation
• Execute cellar and lab operations throughout year, including harvest and bottling
• Management of seasonal harvest staff and temporary bottling staff
• Interpret, execute, and record work done on work orders
• Some data entry in winemaking software and Excel
• Maintain oak and keg inventory
• Maintain property, facility, and equipment, including vendor contact
• Participate in blending trials with Winemakers and develop a good tasting palette
• Occasional vineyard work
• Be a leader in promoting Safety in the cellar
• Host on and off premise tastings as well as occasional travel for sales
• Minimum of 3 years experience in winery operations such as processing and cellar maintenance
• Experience with ultra-premium Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon OR Russian River Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Experience with both is a huge plus
• Hustle in the cellar and lead by example
• Trustworthy person with desire to grow and learn
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• A valid drivers license with clean driving record
• Mastery of forklift operations
• Ability to lead, as well as supervise temporary staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Physical ability to inspect all areas of the winery and lift up to 50 pounds
Amici Cellars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE WINERY DIRECTLY, APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH WINEJOBS, THANK YOU!