**This position can be located on the West Coast, strongly preferred in CA, but can be around any major metro area on the West Coast.**
• Understand winery positioning within the category to include reputations, pricing and sales volumes. Communicate information to internal and external key stakeholders.
• Direct responsibility for selling and promoting the Catena brand and other items as defined by management ensuring targeted goals are met.
• Direct responsibility for identifying and profiling top retail (on/off premise) accounts by key metro markets as defined by management and/or business needs.
• Working with Regional, Divisional, National On and Off Premise Chain Directors to develop and maintain key account relationships with influential buyers in the National marketplace.
• Participate in the development and directly responsible for the execution of plans and initiatives to enhance specialized selling skills among the Import sales organization.
• Work closely with the Category Managers to understand market data and carry out action plans for growth. Communicate objectives to Import Sales teams and focus efforts as appropriate.
• Plan market visits and submit travel requests for pre-planning. Calculate all costs of travel and submit Travel request Form to manager for approval.
• Support sales managers within assigned territory with brand information and market work to develop sales for assigned portfolio.
• Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing defined activation events targeted to the high-end consumer and trade shows/events. Responsible for budget oversight and timely reporting.
• Assist sales teams at Trade Shows, Industry and Consumer Wine events around the country.
• Superior knowledge of on and off premise accounts in their assigned territory.
• Prepare market work opportunities for supplier representatives in collaboration with Winebow personnel.
• Create quarterly calendar indicating schedule by day.
• Prepare bi-weekly reports analyzing market results by product and category.
• Initiate, track and finalize bill backs (debit memos) for promotional events, programming, trips, prizes, and any expense that is supplier supported.
• Organize and manage the distribution of company point of sale, marketing, and PR materials.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to managers.
• Attends department and division meetings and functions as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Significant travel by automobile. Travel by airplane/train and overnight stays may be required.
Lifting up to 40 lbs., sitting, bending, carrying, standing, reaching, driving, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
• High School diploma or GED required. Additional education strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years' experience working in the wine industry in either a marketing or sales position.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Strong writing/communication skills and ability to complete administrative requirements in a timely manner.
• Exceptional organization skills to coordinate supplier/brand manager market visits, brand blitzes and events that are vehicles for high-end fine wine sales.
• Ability to travel to sales meetings and abroad as required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of manager, distributors and customers inclusive of some nights and weekends.
• Adaptability to change focus as needed depending on senior management direction.
• Familiarity with social media tools and their applications to selling fine wine.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of Diver application, a plus.
• Valid Driver's License.
The salary for this position is between $85,000 - $90,000. This position is also eligible for a bonus of 15% annually. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k with company match, employee purchase program (where licensed) and paid time off. If you are hired at Winebow, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.