Established in 1961, Heitz Cellar is known for producing iconic single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon from Martha’s Vineyard in Oakville, Trailside Vineyard in Rutherford, and Linda Falls Vineyard atop Howell Mountain. As a leader in organic and biodynamic farming, Heitz Cellar continues its legacy as a family-owned enterprise of Lawrence Wine Estates, along with its sister wineries; Brendel, Burgess, Haynes Vineyard, Ink Grade, and Stony Hill. Heitz offers an illustrious portfolio of prestigious Napa Valley varietals, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, and Chardonnay.
The reputation of Heitz Cellar for impeccable quality has contributed to the international stature of Napa Valley since the first bottle was produced in 1961. Heitz encompasses 425 acres of vineyards, strategically located in six of Napa Valley’s finest appellations: Oakville, Rutherford, Howell Mountain, St. Helena, Calistoga and Oak Knoll. This diversity of terroir and micro-climate allows remarkable latitude for experimentation and unmatched quality in all our wines.
Heitz Cellar is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our wine production team as a Cellar Technician II. This is an exciting opportunity with a company dedicated to producing outstanding wines. The ideal candidate is a team player, loves to learn and is ready to join an iconic company poised to enter a new and exciting phase of growth. We place great importance in hiring future team members who we feel will thrive in our culture of kindness, positivity, integrity, and purpose. We foster a professional, team-oriented culture focusing on quality and safety in all our efforts. We are a small team of highly trained and innovative colleagues who thrive in a supportive and nurturing culture. Crafting world class wines is our passion, and we welcome you to join us in this pursuit.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Responsibilities:
Candidates should have a minimum of three years’ experience working in the production environment of a premium winery and be able to perform all the following operations with minimal supervision:
• Cellar Operations, including topping, racking, transfers, loading / unloading tankers, additions, sample collection, barrel work and winery sanitation, forklifting (certification
• Crush / Harvest Operations, including fruit intake and processing, pump overs, racking, additions and inoculations.
• Safe Operations, including consistently adhering to winery and legally mandated safety policies and procedures by, maintaining familiarity of the content and emergency
response procedures contained in all MSDS and ensures all equipment is operated in a safe manner, immediately notifying Cellar Master of any mechanical malfunction or
equipment requiring maintenance.
• Sanitary Operations, including consistently and proactively maintaining proper cellar sanitation, assuring all cellar equipment is properly sanitized before use. Consistently
performs sanitation checks on all vessels (barrels, tanks, etc.) prior to filling with wine. Observes and adheres to wine quality control standards while performing cellar
• Leads by setting an example to others, conducting all operations and tasks with purpose and without taking shortcuts, completing tasks in accordance with written and
verbal instructions and demonstrating the highest degree of quality workmanship, sanitation and cleanliness while carrying out tasks efficiently and responsibly.
We expect the following of all team members:
1. Accept and embrace direction and constructive feedback from the Winemakers and Cellar Master
2. Maintain proper time and attendance and be timely in taking meals and rest breaks
3. Effectively communicate, in English, both written and verbal, understanding instructions and directives
4. Math proficiency and accuracy in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
5. Apply common sense understanding and logic to a variety of tasks and duties
6. Dedication to professionalism, emotional maturity and maintaining confidentiality
7. Maintain the physical capability to carry out the tasks assigned to them including, full body mobility, lifting and carrying fifty pounds and hearing acuity
8. Willingness to work indoors and outdoors, in all weather and temperature conditions, standing and working on hard surfaces for extended periods of time, irregular and
variable shifts including overtime and weekends as necessary
Team members must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, a dependable form of transportation and be insurable by company standards.
Compensation & Benefits:
Highly Competitive Hourly Wage
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plan (80% Employer Paid)
Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off / Sick Time / Floating Personal Holiday / Twelve Company Holidays
401K Retirement Account with Company Match (Quarterly Eligibility)
Quarterly Wine Allocations + Employee Discounts
Health Club Membership
Company Provided Wellness Programs
Employee of the Month/Year Award Program
Amazing Harvest Lunches!
Stylish and Comfortable Company Swag
Complimentary Tasting Experiences – Up to Six Guests Annually (based on availability)
** We will be processing applications through January 6th; at which time we will begin the interviewing process **