The Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supporting all aspects of special winery events, providing world-class service to clients and vendors while promoting the sale of wine through comprehensive knowledge of the Chappellet brand and portfolio.
Key Success Indicators:
• Assist and help to execute all special winery events.
• Support site visits with vendors, private clients, and members.
• Works with family and Marketing Team to assist in executing virtual and offsite events.
• Actively communicates with concierge, tasting room and management teams event requests and details, updates and changes to event schedule, packages, etc.
• Knowledgeable about the wines, winemaking techniques, winery, and family history.
• Maintains knowledge of systems and processes to support overall event operations.
• Supports execution of event from beginning to end. Assists with receiving deliveries, set up and break down of event venues.
• Help to execute successful onsite club and allocation events throughout the year (pick-up weekends, spring and holiday releases, library, and new Pritchard Hill releases, etc).
• Help to promote private events packages to local hotels and key partnerships to drive revenue.
• Maintain preferred vendor list in line with event, family and brand standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding customer service skills.
• A keen eye for design and aesthetics.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through with projects.
• Flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Strong administrative abilities – time management, organization, calendars, etc.
• Solid business and financial acumen related to event and hospitality operations.
• Education: Degree preferred, CMS or WSET certifications a plus.
• Strong Computer skills (POS systems, Microsoft Word and Excel).
• Available to work varied hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
WORKING CONDITIONS / ENVIRONMENT:
• Winery and Office environment
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Regular computer work
• May be required to work at any of the Company locations
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• Comply with company safety regulations
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.