Interns hired for this role will be eligible to receive a $600 bonus on their first pay check.
Huneeus Wines and Faust Winery is looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual to work hands on in all areas of the winemaking process at our Sebastopol winery. We are a small passionate team that works with multiple wine grape varietals from our estate and grower owned vineyards in Napa and Sonoma counties.
The position will start in early August and run through November with an opportunity for the right person to stay longer. Applicants are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
This is a hands-on position, where you will be directly involved with all stages of the winemaking process. You will be active in all winery operations working directly with the Winemaking team. This will include, but not be limited to; working on the crush line and general crush pad duties, cleaning all corners of the cellar, digging out tanks, topping, sampling, racking, barrel work and helping wherever needed. This position is vital to the success of our team and harvest.
• Forklift driving experience a plus
• An interest in the winemaking process
• A positive attitude, open and curious - asks thoughtful questions
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills (English)
• Spanish speaking a plus
• Possess a high attention to detail
• Must be legally able to work in the USA
• Previous winery experience is desired
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, such as early mornings, and weekends, to accommodate the needs of harvest operations
• Ability to climb stairs and lift cases of wine, up to ~50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to sit bend, stoop, twist and walk over uneven surfaces for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to safely operate various machines
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work well as an individual and as a valued member of our Winemaking team
Huneeus Wines is a dynamic collection of premium wines/ wineries. The portfolio currently includes Quintessa, Faust, Leviathan, and Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley and Flowers Vineyard and Winery which is produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network of passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
The hourly range for this position is $19-$22.
*** This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. ***
Location: Sebastopol, CA (95472)