Founded in 2001, rooted in tradition, and driven by innovation, Don Sebastiani & Sons is among the nation’s leading producers of great wines and ready-to-drink cocktails. We proudly deliver innovative drinks at affordable prices while upholding the quality standards you’ve grown to expect from the Sebastiani family for more than 100 years. Don & Sons is dedicated to building a diverse workplace where employees feel they are part of the team and are valued for their contributions. Our benefit package includes competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, and wine discounts.
Position Summary: Cellar Worker II is part of the Winemaking team. This position receives, blends and filters wines daily as well as provides cleanup of equipment with minimal supervision. This position supports Cellar Master in providing direction while taking an active role in guiding cellar team.
SCHEDULE: Four 10-hour days (Mon-Thurs). 5:00am to 3:30pm (schedule may vary, some overtime is required).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Loads and unloads wine tankers in a timely manner.
• Prepares and oversees Crossflow filtrations.
• Helps perform additions and adjustments to wine.
• Reads and follows through on production/work orders, writes orders when necessary.
• Performs barrel work as needed, including washing, filling, emptying, making additions and topping.
• Properly cleans and sanitizes pumps, hoses, tanks and cellar fittings, actively maintaining a clean and safe wine cellar area.
• Performs simple equipment maintenance throughout the cellar.
• Will provide direction to other Cellar staff when needed.
• Maintains compliance with all DSS policies, procedures and requirements as well as all state and federal laws.
• Works successfully as part of a team and is responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
• Attends staff meetings and training as required.
• Performs general office tasks as required.
• Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• Demonstrated mechanical ability and aptitude.
• 2-3 years Cellar experience.
• Familiarity with filtrations (Crossflow), pump operation, sanitation procedures and safety procedures.
• Lift truck certified, or able to be certified.
• Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
Don Sebastiani & Sons provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.