Position Summary: the National Sales Manager for a Sonoma based wine company has responsibility for overseeing sales and marketing of wines within an assigned geographic region. The size of the region may vary depending on population and demographics. Duties include setting national sales goals; coordinating product pricing and placement; managing promotional and pricing spending budgets: analyzing profit margins; interacting with the wholesale distributors on many levels; interacting with principals from key accounts; representing the company at trade events; assisting with compliance and regulatory issues, and other tasks as needed for the promotion and sale of wine brands. May include management of other Sales Team Members.
• Coordinate national sales activities for brands to include the following: setting sales goals and communicating those goals to the national wholesalers, monitoring and adjusting pricing as needed, managing inventory, tracking depletions, and creating profit/loss analysis for individual brands.
• Attend national distributor meetings, at general and team levels, to provide pricing & programming information, communicate sales goals, provide product information, and encourage goal achievement.
• Closely monitor and record sales within the territory; create and analyze sales reports from data as needed. Utilize sales data to develop, implement and evaluate sales promotion activities to increase sales and/or profits, or to periodically regulate sales to prevent marketplace shortages.
• Communicate regularly with the President and Operations Manager regarding regional conditions and current sales levels. Prepare national reports and other data as requested and on deadline.
• Work closely with the Marketing Team regarding national promotions and/or incentives, new product introductions, packaging, and label changes, and all other marketing-related activities.
• Adhere to annual budgets: travel and entertainment, promotional items, and activities; distributor incentives; trade incentives; office expenses, and all other national expenses.
• Maintain expense account records and submit all receipts and reimbursements on schedule, as determined by the company accounting department.
• Develop, post, and maintain monthly work schedules listing daily locations and planned activities; update daily and/or weekly as needed.
• Monitor local, state, and federal alcoholic beverage regulations and assist in keeping winery compliant and current with all such regulations.
• Complete other special projects, reports, and/or events as needs arise and as requested by either the winery President or other Regional Sales Managers.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; and 15 years related experience or training with a proven track record of goal attainment and budget management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends and/or periodic evenings depending on sales activities.
Position includes daily national travel and can include extensive overnight travel and/or travel by auto or air.
Equal opportunity employer.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.