With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Nashville, TN.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment? Are you looking for a career that gets you out of the office and into your accounts? Are you interested in an opportunity to develop your professional selling skills and creativity in both individual and team environments?
As a Spirits Development Specialist, you will work to maximize distribution of Gallo spirits brands in on-premise accounts within a geographic area. You will be building relationships through face-to-face interactions with your customers, as well as promoting a portfolio of spirits including brands such as High Noon, New Amsterdam, Pink Whitney, Camarena, RumChata, Amaro Montenegro, The Dalmore, Don Fulano and more. Through extensive sales training and on-the-job experience, you will learn to be a successful, consultative salesperson.
What You Will Do
• Builds and executes plans to drive Gallo Spirits distribution, sales and consumer awareness in targeted accounts for designated area.
• Promote brands within an assigned geography and list of accounts (Bars and other OP Accounts).
• Shares and sells featured On-Premise Spirits programs and features and engages in brand activities focusing on the right product in the right account.
• Builds Gallo spirit brand advocacy with On-premise account staff (bartenders, wait staff, and management).
• Supports portfolio education efforts for consumers, assigned customer list, and specific distributor reps within assigned accounts and defined geography.
• Manage T & amp;E budget and overall finances.
• Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within the community.
• Calls on general on premise accounts, targeted on premise accounts, and key spirit accounts and engaged in brand activation activities (E.g., kickoffs, "ride-withs," crew drives, in-account activations, etc.).
• Tracks performance and market trends in assigned accounts, benchmarking against competition; provides feedback to marketing team.
What You Will Need
• Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of Gallo Sales or Marketing experience, or Gallo affiliated or non-affiliated distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of sales experience to include Alcohol Beverage, Hospitality, Culinary, Bars, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Rooms experience; OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of sales experience to include Alcohol Beverage, Hospitality, Culinary, Bars, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Rooms experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience with social media.
• Required to Travel by air and automobile up to 40% of the time during business.
• Experience with Event or Hospitality Management.
• CSS, CSE, CEFS, CSSC or equivalent certification or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to obtain a Liquor License as required by state/locality.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of Gallo sales and marketing or Gallo affiliated distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of sales experience to include Alcohol Beverage, Hospitality, Culinary, Bars, Supplier/Wholesaler, or Tasting Rooms experience.
• Established social alcohol beverage network, personal interest, bias to engage and go deeper, proven inquisitiveness.
• Mixology Certification.
• Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clientele, customers and the general public.
• Personal passion and curiosity for spirits and demonstrate a depth of knowledge.
• Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset -Driving future-focused change Maintain intellectual relevance of global and local market trends.
• Hiring salary Range Posted: $72,335 - $127,700
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Eligible for bonus and company car program.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 101600
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregn...