Under General Supervision, the Harvest Research & Development (R & amp;D) Enologist Intern is responsible in assisting in all aspects of research wine production focusing on daily winemaking operations. The intern will help support all R&D experiments that will produce higher quality wines, develop wine styles that will meet customer requirements, and create greater operational processing efficiencies. This internship is located at our winery in Manteca, CA.
• Assists in all aspects of small-lot wine production, from vineyard harvesting/sampling to bottling
• Informs R&D Winemaker when winemaking and fermentation issues arise
• Collects, submits, and analyzes R&D samples for analysis
• Cleans and maintains research and development equipment
• Participates in daily R&D fermentation sampling and wine tasting
• Maintains a clean work environment
• Understands, follows, and implements safety procedures
• Properly handles and maintains chemicals
• Accurately records and documents data, inputs data for Delicato compliance
*Other duties may be assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Enology or a related science such as chemistry or biochemistry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong reading, writing, communication and mathematical skills
• Solid winemaking theory, wine sensory, communication/presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure during harvest with many different people and departments
• Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year
Certificates and Licenses
• Acceptable driving history with valid Driver's License
• Most activities take place in lab, office or winery environment
• In the lead up to harvest, some vineyard visits will be performed where the temperatures may reach 100F
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Non-Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $18.00 to $20.00.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its temporary employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance component includes medical coverage. In addition you will be eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with a generous company match, and sick time accrual.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.