Job Title: NYC Wine Sales Consultant
Company Missions & Values:
Cognac One, LLC. is a Manhattan-based importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines. We sell wines in New York and New Jersey. For the past 13 years, we’ve remained true to our mission statement and core values. We seek out authentic wines - our portfolio is comprised of privately owned and renowned Estates, with a growing emphasis on vineyards practicing sustainability and organic viticulture. We believe in partnership and take pride in representing these amazing wineries of ours. To us, wine – and our portfolio – is about pleasure and democratization.
Summary: This sales representative will be responsible for servicing an existing customer base in NYC while developing our activities. The salesperson, while being remotely located, will be responsible for the presentation, promotion, and placements of our wines / brands. It requires sales / strategic planning, coordination, and interaction with clients.
• Maintaining and building strong relationships with existing clients, on and off premise
• Identifying key accounts and creating opportunities for sales growth within assigned territory
• Executing the company’s sales strategy
• Working closely with Marketing on promotions, brands’ launching, etc..
• Monitoring sales within territory to evaluate and implement sales programs for increasing sales / market shares.
• Setting-up and participating in wine dinners, wine tastings, staff trainings and other related special projects and events.
• Attending trade shows and sales meetings as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3 or more years of sales and customer service experience required
• Wine industry background and extensive knowledge of wine products
• Highly organized, with excellent time management
• Detail-oriented while also understanding the global / company strategy
• Customer service minded with proactive follow up and timely responsiveness to client needs
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• A positive attitude and passion for the wine industry
• A team player who also excels at working autonomously
• A willingness to carry and display Cognac One’s values
• Base Salary + Commissions, Medical Insurance, IRA, Paid Vacation