As we are a “family” owned enterprise by virtue of our ESOP, we have chosen to represent only family-owned wineries. We have a wealth of experience representing both small producers and large volume brands. We represent over 60 wineries from the major wine-growing regions throughout the world. Our portfolio includes some of the best wines available from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, and France, including over 25 growers of estate-bottled wines in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Chablis, the Rhône, the Loire Valley, Alsace and Southern France.
One of our primary missions is to understand and respect the goals of each of our producers for their individual brands. We have a proprietary sense of pride in our brands and understanding that the only way to achieve long-term success is building a good distribution network. We work closely with our distributors across the United States to ensure that not only do we have good sales and depletion volumes, but that our distribution is optimized for the long term.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
• Coordinate score submissions & reviews for Vineyard Brands portfolio of fine wines:
o Assist in managing the relations with key wine publications including Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Vinous, Wine Advocate, VinePair and more.
o Monitor and ensure deadlines are met for publications and the correct wines are submitted, tracking editorial calendars and current inventory.
o Responsible for identifying, preparing, and completing necessary paperwork for wine competitions, and advertisements with trade outlets.
o Correspond with media on events, information, and press requests.
o Accurately monitor and track wine scores and reviews, and enter in appropriate databases in a timely fashion; report key information to senior management.
o Liaise with company team members including shipping, sales, marketing, and management.
• Monitor/track NY headquarters wine room inventory and assist with shipments to/from the office.
• Assist in managing media inquiries and press requests for samples and information.
• Participate in events, tastings, and wine presentations to support Vineyard Brands portfolio.
• Support Marketing Department with various independent projects.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• College Degree is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to follow through with projects while working under tight deadline.
• Problem solver with strong attention to detail
• Ability to perform all administrative duties such as scheduling, filing, errands.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft plus, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Strong interest in wine and the wine industry.
No agencies please. Our company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: Media Assistant
REPORTS TO: Manager, Brand Strategy & Supplier Travel
LOCATION: New York City, NY.