INK GRADE WINE HOST
Ink Grade Estate is seeking an enthusiastic and charismatic Wine Host for its new tasting salon in St. Helena, which will offer multifaceted tasting experiences to unveil its collection of single vineyard wines from one of Napa’s most prestigious AVAs. Nestled on the northeast corner of Howell Mountain, Ink Grade Estate claims a view unbeknownst to most in the Napa Valley. Rising rapidly over 1500' in elevation from its base, this mountainside vineyard clings to volcanic soils and possesses a raw tension that renders fruit of immense intensity and depth. It is because of the inherent qualities of this unique setting that we are able to create something truly rare.
The Wine Host will oversee every aspect of our guests’ experience at The Pavilion and lead our state-of- the-art immersive experience. The Wine Host will work alongside our Hospitality Manager to execute the highest levels of service and hospitality. The ideal candidate will have a passion for wine, guest relationships, and sales. They are not only open to change, they embrace it, love to learn, and are ready to become a key player in a winery poised to enter an exciting growth phase. This is a unique chance to be part of a small and passionate team looking to make an impact on the world of fine wine.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Welcome guests to The Pavilion by Ink Grade and lead independent and unique tasting experiences while executing the highest levels of hospitality.
• Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold at The Pavilion and drive interest in new memberships.
• Develop a complete knowledge of Ink Grade’s history and current practices of winemaking, farming, and vineyard management.
• Execute all hospitality preparation tasks, setting up and breaking down tasting.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 3+ years working within a luxury wine hospitality environment and/or a luxury restaurant.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Engaging personality, genuine kindness, cooperative.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Knowledge and ability to perform high-quality wine service.
• Ability to multi-task and quick problem-solving without being prompted.
• Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment that will change as the team grows.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• WSET or CMS certification preferred but not necessary.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Commerce7 or equivalent POS systems.
• Activities required include standing, walking, regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
• Must be at least 21 years old
• You are a lifelong learner with a thirst for wine knowledge.
• Your friends lean on you for your ability to figure it out and get things done.
• You have a passion for the hospitality industry and love creating exceptional guest experiences.
Compensation and perks:
• Highly Competitive Hourly Wage depending on experience
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plan (80% Employer Paid)
• Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off/Sick Time/Floating Personal Holiday/12 Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Quarterly Wine Allocation
• Health Club Membership
• Company Provided Wellness Programs
• Employee of the Month/Qtr/Yr programs