Colinas Farming Company
COMPANY: Colinas Farming Company is a well-established vineyard management company. Founded in 1975, we have many long-term employees who have worked with us for over 40 years. Come and join our family at Colinas Farming Company.
POSITION: Assistant Viticulturist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the Viticulturist with data collection and analysis; including but not limited to the following:
- Pest and disease scouting and reporting
- Assist with crop estimates by supervising and analyzing cluster count and weight sampling
- Assist in collecting brix samples and other harvest data and tasks
- Assist in supervising data collection on a number of vineyard trials being conducted
- Conduct crew quality control inspections
- Communicate on a regular basis with the vineyard management team on operating activities and applications.
- Provide input on vineyard operations and strategies
- Assist with conducting safety-trainings to ensure field compliance with labor laws and other regulatory requirements. Monitor safety and health related practices in the field
- Assist in managing and developing vineyard pesticide work-orders.
- Assist in frost, harvest, and spray season during day and night shifts.
- Work with vineyard management team to research equipment and technologies to improve or enhance farming operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK CONDITIONS;
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license with a clean DMV record and be able to show proof of insurance.
• AS degree or higher in related field or equivalent experience.
• QAL or PCA a plus.
• Spanish fluency is highly recommended.
• Will require working outside in all weather conditions.
• Must be available to work long hours, with possible night shifts during peak seasons.
• Ability to work up to 6 days a week for 8-10 consecutive hours outdoors.
• Maybe exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, chemicals, fertilizers, and exposure to hot and cold weather.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
$28-35 per hour plus overtime pay and a competitive benefits package.