Located in Rutherford, Napa Valley, Round Pond Estate Winery is a family-owned and managed estate with vineyards, gardens and orchards. In a region renowned for producing wines of great character and complexity, our handcrafted estate wines, artisan olive oils and red wine vinegars reflect our family's dedication to producing world-class food and wine while preserving this esteemed land. The Private Events Manager functions as the primary liaison for event clients who visit Round Pond Estate by presenting information about the winery, winery products, olive mill and food products at onsite tours, lunches, dinners, and special events. Serves as the primary contact and facilitator for all events conducted on winery grounds.
• Oversees and manages all VIP, private and public events business at Round Pond Estate, including building future business and sales.
• Serves as primary contact with event clients to ensure all events are planned and executed creatively and professionally, and in line with core brand equities.
• Must have strong knowledge of and ability to educate guests on the distinctions between wine varieties, the Napa Valley, and our food products.
• Oversees and drives events business by leveraging industry contacts and building new contacts and database.
• Collaborates with management to create and coordinate a unique best-in-class consumer event program.
• Manages departmental budget, ensuring set operating margins are met or exceeded.
• Ensures events are in line with overall strategy, so that winery/brand presence is maximized at events.
• Offers and facilitates additional wine sales at all events.
• Prepares, tracks, and maintains monthly dashboards and sales funnels for all event programs.
• Directs and coordinates activities of event personnel to ensure that the event preparation is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Ensures all event opportunities are consumer acquisition opportunities through data collection, wine clubs and wine sales. Maintains database for sales and relationship follow up.
• Maintains physical event folders during life cycle of the event planning process.
• Leads core logistical tasks surrounding the planning and execution of event opportunities.
• Leads planning meeting discussions on project list.
• If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Vendors, wine coordinator, event staff
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Three (3) years of hospitality, event planning and/or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
• Required to be at least 21 years of age.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently.
• Required to work evenings, weekends and occasionally holidays when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of hospitality, public relations, communications or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Certified Specialist of Wine.
• Event and Wine Sales or Marketing experience.
• Wine Industry experience.
• Public speaking experience.
• Strong interest and passion for developing expertise in wine and food.
• Experience with effectively presenting brand and wine information and responding
to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public,
ranging in size from 1-50 guests.
• Computer skills to include intermediate MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.