Vinventions is the most comprehensive provider of closure solutions worldwide. The portfolio of product ranges and services offering are designed to support the diverse requirements of still wine producers across five continents. Vinventions strives to maximize performance, design, and sustainability.
The performance of Vinventions product brands is further enhanced by Wine Quality
Solutions which include enological devices, equipment and services that improve the quality and consistency of wine through real-time quality control.
• VISION: To be the most innovative, most sustainable, and most trusted global supplier of complete wine closure solutions to the still and sparkling wine industry.
• MISSION: To help wineries and retailers ensure their wines present as intended, delight the consumer, and succeed in the marketplace, to create value for their customers by innovating and applying leading practices to offer the most appropriate solutions to maximize wine quality, preservation, and consistency, and to influence their industry and their communities to preserve our planet.
• PURPOSE: Making wine is a wonderful, yet demanding journey, that – every day - requires dedication, expertise, attention to details, passion, faith, and courage to create and innovate in the face of unpredictable weather conditions and natural phenomena. At the end of this vibrant journey, there is a significant moment when we swirl the wine in our glass and embrace it with our senses. This moment is what Vinventions is set to protect and enhance. At Vinventions, we strongly believe that there is not one best universal closure for every bottle of wine, but each bottle is unique and the “right” closure is often dependent on different elements for that wine, the winemaker’s intentions, and the market’s preferences. Our purpose is simple – To Make Every Bottle Better!
The Manager Closure Solutions will be responsible for sales and marketing activities locally and regionally – with a focus on the Central Coast of California. Responsible for achieving sales objectives with strategic planning and field execution. Activities will include the consulting of the entire Vinventions portfolio of products and services to winery accounts, large and small. This role reports directly to the Commercial Director of Vinventions USA, Ryan Norton.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Winery Account Development
• Align duties with sales and marketing plan
• Manage and achieve sales objectives
• Management of account work plans
• Prospecting and activation of new accounts
• Account maintenance
• Execute customer training and education programs
• Co-marketing projects with retailers
• Relationship Building
• Develop productive business relationships with direct accounts, distributors, vendors, equipment providers, and internal co-workers.
• Live and develop the company’s values
• Event Participation
• Local and Facility based customer events
• Regional Trade Shows
• Others as deemed necessary throughout North America
• New Product Introduction
• Market introduction and sales of all new product lines
• Manage and execute trials and outcomes
• Wine Credibility Program
• Lead the effort of bottled wine collection tastings with various Vinventions products
• Cellaring, cataloguing, and storage program
• Coordination of element testing and tasting as deemed necessary
• Technical Market Support
• Provide technical support to sales, development, and quality including but not limited to on-site bottling, cork and screwcap related issues
• Coordinate local activities of global initiatives as directed by management
• Work in cross functional teams and departments as necessary
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
• BS Degree or equivalent experience
• Sales experience in the Wine and Spirits or Packaging industries preferred – 3 years minimum
• Wine closure experience preferred - Knowledge of technical troubleshooting relating to cork and screwcap performance
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
• Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
• Ability to communicate and present professionally with people at all levels of the organization
• Problem Solving skills
• Project Management skills
• Lifting boxes weighing 50 lbs.
• Travel – both automobile and air
• Field – minimum of 70%
• Home Office
• Management of Personal Travel & Entertainment Expenses
• Management of Sales & Marketing Budget
This position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.