Quivira Vineyards is looking for Harvest Cellar Interns for the 2023 harvest. This is a multifaceted role and is the backbone of our harvest team. We specialize in handcrafted, estate grown Dry Creek Valley wines and you’ll be tasked with all forms of harvest activities, working directly with the Winemaking team throughout the winery to help us to thoughtfully craft each of our lots. At Quivira, we tailor each internship to the individual and try to make the experience as productive and fulfilling as possible.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Sorting and crushing grapes
• Doing punchdowns and pumpovers
• Performing additions
• Doing barrel and pump work
• Lots of cleaning up!
• A desire to make great wine!
• A harvest or two of experience is preferred
• A willingness to work independently, although you’ll have plenty of guidance
• The ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions
• Capability to work long days and weekends
• Basic arithmetic and measurement skills
• The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and ladders and work in a safe and efficient manner.
What we’ll provide:
• A competitive wage that depends on your experience
• Pre-harvest portfolio tastings that give you an introduction to our winemaking style
• Weekend crew lunches, occasionally with some nice bottles from our Winemaker’s cellar
• Connections and a commitment to helping you find your way into the wine business
• A willingness to share about what we do and provide a informative and growth-oriented experience
At Quivira, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the basics needed to make wine. If you’re interested in using those skill to make great wine and would like to experience a harvest in Dry Creek Valley, please reply with your cover letter and CV.