Banville Wine Merchants is an exciting and growing company working to create a culture where employees are valued, seen and heard; an environment where employees feel safe and connected while empowered to do their best work.
We are looking for someone to join our Finance team, based in our office located in the heart of New York City.
If you have a couple years of entry level experience on an accounting team and are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced environment, we'd love to talk to you!
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for the preparation, research and processing of financial information to support the efficient operations of the Finance team. Responsible for payables, receivables, as well as account reconciliation support. Other accounting-related administrative duties as assigned.
Accounting Support (75%)
• Support accounts payable by entering invoices, ensuring proper coding/approval of invoices, maintain vendor set up, maintain payment records.
• Support accounts receivable by making deposits and recording cash/checks received, oversee aging balances, generate A/R invoices as needed.
• Provide reconciliation and reporting support with daily, monthly, and annual activities as assigned.
• Process non-inventory sales related adjustments via debit/credit memos.
Customer Service (15%)
• Communicate with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and payments are received promptly.
• Communicate with clients to discuss account status, charges, or discrepancies including follow up on collections.
• Provide internal audit and reconciliation support by verifying, recording, or processing transactions using documents provided.
• Ensure records are maintained with the highest degree of accuracy including ledgers, invoices, and receipts.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 1-3 years related accounting experience, wine industry accounting experience a plus.
Skills: Strong analytical skills, accurate and reliable. Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness in identifying and resolving problems are extremely important. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Able to work as part of a team and communicate with team members/colleagues regularly. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast moving work environment.
Knowledge: Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, database). Basic math and calculator skills. Experience with accounting software helpful.
Physical: Ability to sit at a computer 6+ hours a day.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position; however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
EOE. No Phone Calls. No Recruiters.