A State Manager job in Pennsylvania is available at Ste. Michelle Wine Estates.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a State Manager to join our team supporting Pennsylvania markets. The successful candidate will effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, brokers, and importers in a territory with 170,000 to 349,000 cases of wine volume annually.
What you will do:
• Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, importers and consumers and direct the execution of the company's strategic business plans through assigned wholesalers.
• Manage all executive levels of wholesalers including, but not limited to: General Manager, Channel Vice Presidents, Wine Managers, Brand Managers, Chain headquarter managers, purchasing agents, controller and finance managers and operations managers.
• Ability to negotiate effectively and hold wholesalers accountable to monthly commitments as well as manage distributor inventory to contractual levels.
• Evaluate distributor suggested price structure and brand equity investments as needed to insure the company is receiving target share of channel profits.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the upcoming calendar year including review of shipments, depletions, and budgeting across brands.
What you will bring:
• Bachelor's degree/4 year College degree required.
• 5+ years of Alcohol Beverage Industry Experience, preferably with distributor management experience. Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional practices and operational procedures are recommended for this position.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong demonstration of selling, pricing, and any other analytical results oriented skills.
• Available for company related travel (approximately 50%).
• Able to occasionally lift up to 45 lbs.
• Able to drive vehicle and maintain a valid driver's license is required for our current car program.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies., permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
$103,000 - $134,000/yr. based upon relevant experience.
At Ste. Michelle Wine Estates we believe in paying our employees equal pay for equal work. Individual offers are made dependent upon a candidate's prior experience and education level as it pertains to the role.
Benefits of working with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates:
Our Total Rewards programs are designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented, curious people with a passion for innovation, collaboration, continuous improvement, and growth. We offer leading programs that inspire and reward superior performance and foster an inclusive, diverse, and healthy workforce.
• Health Care Coverage including medical, dental, vision & prescription - eligible on date of hire for full-time employees
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• 401(k) with Employer Match and Supplemental Contribution
• Employee Wine Discounts
Culture at Ste. Michelle:
We Challenge: We are driven to succeed in everything we do, and we challenge ourselves and our team to perform at the highest level.
We Care: We put people first - our team, our consumers, our customers, our communities.
We Collaborate: We believe there is nothing we can't accomplish - together - and we believe lifting up those around us is essential to achieving both individual and collective success.
Harvest your potential, Uncork the possibilities! If you are interested in State Manager job in Pennsylvania please apply now.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.