Sugarloaf Wine Company is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as Wine Production Administrator. This position plays in integral role within our small and highly functional team. Our ideal candidate possesses a positive attitude, commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and the ability to contribute to our culture of respectful communication, collaborative teamwork, and exceptional customer service.
Sugarloaf Wine Company is a premier, small lot custom crush winery located just outside of Santa Rosa on Sonoma Highway. We provide a state-of-the art winemaking facility and a passionate staff dedicated to the highest standard of care to support our discerning clients in crafting their ultra-premium wines.
The Wine Production Administrator provides operations support for wine production and customer service support for Sugarloaf clients. Responsibilities include accurate and timely recordkeeping through our wine production tracking system for bulk wines and cased goods, as well as all associated compliance related to the management of those wines. Manages logistics for all in and outbound transportation of client materials (including barrels, tanks, bulk wine, addition materials, and cased goods), oversees the inventory of client materials, and maintains and updates inventory report documents. Responsible for facilitating the sampling requests for all clients’ products, and coordinating courier pick up of samples with laboratory service providers. Keeps maintenance calendars and weekly schedules, assists with procurement of winery and cellar supplies, and tracks safety and compliance trainings. May perform hands-on cellar work to support the production team. The position requires a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and recordkeeping skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. The enthusiasm to work in all aspects of production operations is vital to the success of this position.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Previous experience of working in a winery and working knowledge of wine database software
• General understanding of winemaking regulatory requirements
• Required to work full-time plus extended harvest hours through our harvest season
• Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team
• Ability to contribute to the overall positive energy of our work environment
• A customer service orientation and focus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Must possess high level of accuracy, acute attention to detail and follow-through on all tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Ability to work safely and accurately in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours
• Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record with a car to get to and from work
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have legal United States work status
• Bachelor’s Degree or post high school education or 3-5 years’ experience in production roles.
• Coursework in winemaking/fermentation sciences is a plus
• Experience with InnoVint software
• Previous hands-on work experience in a "custom crush" wine making facility
• Forklift certification
• Previous inventory, logistics, and compliance experience
Work Environment Requirements:
• Able to climb ladders and catwalks
• Ability to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed and sometimes for extended periods
• Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 60 pounds occasionally
• Ability to work with chemicals that require protective equipment (goggles, gloves, etc.)
• Ability to stand and walk on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform work duties inside and outdoors
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k).