*Position comes with a company car and fuel card*
**Position length is July - October**
This position is responsible for assisting Grower Relations Department in evaluating grape maturity in grower and estate vineyards. Visit estate and grower owned vineyards to monitor and sample grape maturity during harvest season. Record pertinent information, and update files. Communicate to the Grower Relations Team regarding conditions as necessary, i.e.: vine health, damage from pests, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, etc.
This job description is designed to outline the essential functions of the position and is not intended to be all inclusive.
• Grape maturity (sugar) sampling for all vineyard blocks.
• Scout and Monitor vineyards for pests, diseases, nutritional disorders and vine health. Communicate issues to Grower Relations as needed.
• Data entry into and work with Excel spreadsheets.
• Cluster counts and cluster weights to help with crop estimates.
• Check on individual vineyard(s) grape harvesting as needed for quality control
• Assist with collection, verification and filing of required reports needed from growers, i.e. Pre-harvest pest reports.
• Special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
• Over 18 years of age
• Safe driving record with valid California Driver’s License
• Comfortable driving on dirt roads and in vineyard terrain
• Personable and good verbal communication to interact with growers and vineyard management companies
• Physical endurance: be able to work outdoors in different terrains and climates
• Computer literate: basic level of Microsoft Excel & Word.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Flexible hours, weekends and long hours will be required during grape harvest
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Enjoys working out-of-doors and in all types of weather
• Requires frequent driving and walking through vineyards with varied terrain
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The pay scale for this position is $37,440 - $45,000 per year. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. The Company reserves the right to modify the range in the future.