Hyland Estates harvest intern
NW Wine Company/Hyland Estates located in Dundee, Oregon is looking for interns for the 2023 vintage. Hyland Estates/NW Wine Co. is a custom winegrowing facility, specializing in the production of ultra-premium Pinot Noir for which Oregon’s Willamette Valley has become world-renowned. NW offers an all-inclusive service encompassing all steps of the winemaking process from vine to barrel to bottle.
In addition to the winemaking facility, the company owns six distinct vineyard properties in the Willamette Valley, totaling 540 acres. The vineyards are predominantly planted to Pinot Noir, but also have substantial plantings of Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and Riesling.
Responsibilities will include working with our winemaking team through receiving, sorting, crushing, barrel work, cap management, sanitation of the winery, lab analysis, and record keeping. This is a full time paid seasonal position for approximately 3 months, starting in late August. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for wine and are excited to learn more about the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Rackings and transfers of juice and wine
• Inoculations/additions to juice and wine
• Pump-over/punch down of red ferments
• Operating crush equipment and presses
• Draining and pressing of tanks, including shoveling pomace
• Perform Sanitation procedures
• Forklift Operation
• Must be fluent in English
• Must be comfortable working long hours, up to 6 days a week
• Experience with forklift operations a plus
• Ideally have valid US or international driver’s license