With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Refrigeration Mechanic is a full-time position responsible for installing, servicing, and repairing refrigeration systems and equipment such as condensing units, compressors, and evaporators. Some duties of the job include connecting refrigeration lines and electrical power sources, handling hazardous refrigerant substances, checking systems and equipment for leaks and making welds on equipment.
What You Will Do
• Daily rounds on multiple equipment centers
• Monitor live Ammonia systems and Plant air
• Performs preventative maintenance of ammonia refrigeration, HVAC systems and components, glycol systems, and compressors to check or replace worn external and internal parts
• Replaces and repairs defective machine parts, such as seals, bearings, belts and various machine components
• Troubleshooting equipment
• Navigates HMIs to diagnose error codes of faults histories of equipment and makes adjustments such as machine timing, synchronization, and parameter changes.
• Performs proper lock-out/tag-out procedures
• Looks up parts inventory and work orders using SAP/ARIBA computer application
What You Will Need
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Required to work any shift.
• Required to comply with company GMP policies.
• Required to work overtime if necessary.
• Required to lift and move up to70 pounds frequently.
• Performs assigned jobs with minimum direction and supervision.
• 2 years of maintenance experience and skilled in repair and troubleshooting mechanical systems or ammonia refrigeration equipment.
• Communicates ideas clearly and articulately.
• Required to pass the WorkKeys assessments in Applied Technology (4)
What Will Set You Apart
• RETA certification (CARO/CIRO).
• Skilled in welding and fabrication.
• 3 years of experience and skilled in repair and troubleshooting of HVAC systems or ammonia refrigeration equipment.
• 4 years of experience working in a production/manufacturing facility.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• ASME Welding Certification.
• Demonstrate a proficient understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Working understanding of a CMMS System.
• Basic PLC and VFD troubleshooting experience.
• Forklift, man lift, scissors lift certified.
• Trained in industrial safety programs.
• Experience using basic Microsoft applications. (e.g. Word, Excel, email).
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position or in the future.
Req ID: 97222
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.