COUGAR CREST ESTATE WINERY TASTING ROOM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the tasting room and guest experience at our Cougar Crest Estate Winery Willamette Valley tasting room. This person will be responsible for operational supervision and the quality performance of the tasting room staff; including scheduling and coordination of the staff. This position plays a vital role in hiring and training new employees, responding to and resolving customer inquiries/complaints, and requires excellent customer service and sales skills, and a passion for wine. Hospitality/retail sales experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Main Winery on regular promotions and events, sales and marketing incentives for employees and customers
• Work with the Main Winery to create and execute engaging, educational, and memorable guest experiences that build brand loyalty.
• Maintain an up-to-date tasting menu, signage, and promotional materials for the tasting room
• Work closely with the Main Winery to ensure the tasting room meets sales and wine club goals
• Staff hiring, supervision and training, ensuring company policies and procedures are followed
• Keep up to date on procedures, Point of Sale, tasting room financial goals, event updates and other pertinent information to aid sales and improve efficiency.
• Perform all duties relating to staff scheduling, submit payroll to main winery, tip management and inventory counts for all products sold in the tasting room.
• Submit reports weekly for inventory, manager’s accounting, and samples used.
• Order supplies before they run out.
• Communicate Tasting Room issues and status to the Main Winery.
• Plan and coordinate tasting room events, especially for Wine Club pick up
• Maintain appearance and cleanliness of tasting room indoors and outdoors
• Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and/or situations
• May be requested to attend special events and tastings outside the winery
• Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekend shifts.
• Nurture an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiastic employee relations among the tasting room staff.
• Perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and composure
• Ensure, by performance and example, that Cougar Crest Estate Winery handles employees and customers using ethical and legal business standards, complying with federal and state laws and company policies and procedures.
• Must be 21+ years old with a valid driver’s license
• Strong proficiency using MS Word, Excel and Publisher and iPad usage
• Current OLCC Service Permit and Food Handlers Permit
• Experience in tasting room sales or similar customer service oriented position
• Passion for knowledge of fine wine and willingness to learn more
• Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
• DOE: three-quarter time 30-36 hours/week, incentive programs for meeting sales goals and wine club goals, health/vision insurance, PTO, plus tips.