Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is currently hiring Vineyard Laborers to help with our upcoming harvest season in Paterson, WA. This job is represented by United Farm Workers (UFW).
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of winemaking. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
Vineyard Laborer job responsibilities include:
• Hand and pneumatic pruning. Tying, training, and suckering of grapevines.
• Thinning of plants utilizing hand shears.
• Hand picking of grapes into buckets or lugs.
• Leaf removal, weeding, harvest machine rider, planting, replanting, stake pounding, clipping wire. Occasional use of trellis tools.
• Monitor performance of equipment and reporting it to supervisory staff should repair be needed. Always remain alert to any environmental conditions.
• Report any damage to vines, trellis, etc., incurred while operating equipment.
• Understanding and proper use of all personal protective equipment (PPE). Always maintain PPE and report any safety concerns.
• Previous experience in AG related work, preferably vineyard operation.
• Ability to work and be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to stand, bend, squat, and twist on uneven vineyard terrain
• Ability to bend, kneel and twist repetitively throughout work shift.
• Occasional lifting to 40 pounds required.
• Occasional long-term standing or walking on uneven ground during work shift.
• Repetitive wrist movement that encompasses squeezing, rotating and bending.
• Ability to have arm movement to encompass extension, raising and bending.
• Able to work weekends or nights.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
• Must be able to understand and follow all safety procedures.
At Ste. Michelle Wine Estates we work closely with the United Farm Workers (UFW) to offer a comprehensive package of medical benefits, pension plan, and pay. We believe in paying our employees equal pay for equal work.
Benefits of working with Ste Michelle Wine Estates:
Our Total Rewards programs are designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented, curious people with a passion for innovation, collaboration, continuous improvement, and growth. We offer leading programs that inspire and reward superior performance and foster an inclusive, diverse, and healthy workforce and amazing wine discounts.
Benefits with United Farm Workers representation:
• Robert F. Kennedy (RFK) Medical Plan includes medical, dental, vision & prescription - eligible after becoming qualified (upon the 1st of the month following sixty (60) consecutive days)
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• Juan De La Cruz (JDLC) Pension Plan
Culture at Ste. Michelle:
We Challenge: We are driven to succeed in everything we do, and we challenge ourselves and our team to perform at the highest level.
We Care: We put people first - our team, our consumers, our customers, our communities.
We Collaborate: We believe there is nothing we can't accomplish - together - and we believe lifting up those around us is essential to achieving both individual and collective success.
Harvest your potential, Uncork the possibilities! If you are interested in our Vineyard Laborer job in Paterson, WA please apply now.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.