Area Manager – Texas
The Family-owned, Chicago based Importer, Winesellers, Ltd., named Importer of the Year by both Wine & Spirits and Wine Enthusiast, is looking for a top-notch, experienced performer located in Dallas to successfully manage the Texas Market.
- Live in Greater Dallas, Austin or San Antonio Area and have recent restaurant, retail, distributor or supplier wine experience in Texas.
- Experience managing a multiple major accounts a plus
- Distributor management experience (pricing, programming, et cetera) a plus
- Strong knowledge and passion for wine from around the world
- Strong relationships with distributors in the area a plus
- Strong relationships with key buyers and accounts, both on and off-premise, including chains
- Proven sales record throughout career and ability to influence the marketplace
- Proficiency working with variety of software, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, idig, etc.
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to all markets and key accounts within assigned area
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. as required
- Valid driver's license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attainment, along with the Regional Director, of Depletion Goals
- Communicate and execute the business plan in all markets
- Travel within the area, staying within T&E budget
- Help to develop and implement pricing, programming, and sales incentives
- Develop relationships with distributor management and sales force
- Help Communicate with distributor purchasing to monitor inventory levels
- Conduct sales meetings/training seminars for distributor sales and management
- Conduct on-premise staff trainings and retail in-store tastings.
- Maintain, and sell to, a list of key accounts
- Organize & Manage special events, supplier visits, tastings, blitzes, etc.
- Assist in developing and presenting quarterly business reviews to management.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and aggressive bonus opportunity
- Car allowance and T&E budget.
- Benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision and 401k.
- Paid vacation and personal days
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player with a strong desire to achieve goals. We are looking for an individual who can take company directives and put them into action without the need for micro-management. The person has to be smart, intuitive, highly-effective, and personally accountable. Passion and determination are critical.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a top-notch professional looking to take their career to the next level!
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter