Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Supply Intern to join our team at Columbia Crest Winery in Paterson, Washington. This person will have learning opportunities and practical training through hands-on participation related to Manufacturing and Supply Chain , which promote processional development with a commitment to pursue excellence.
Duration of Internship: (June 2023 - September 2023) (flexible in accordance with University course schedule and dependent on nature/harvest).
In this internship, you will:
• Gain a thorough understanding of manufacturing and packaging in a food and beverage facility, and gain a basic understanding of how a field of grapes becomes a bottle of wine on the table
• Balancing tasks such as project management, adherence to safety and quality policies, and partnering with area subject matter experts to drive improvements
• Develop effective communication techniques across a variety of working groups
• Assimilate observations, data and conversation into actionable information
This position will strive to match your education, experiences, and professional goals with applicable company programs. Responsibilities may include work in one or more of the following areas:
• Thorough data analysis waste, rejects, wine loss, determine a Continuous Improvement (CI) project.
• Lead a successful CI project with a cross functional team to develop improvement plans and drive to implementation.
• Present findings, observations, and results.
• Working in a manufacturing plant with various levels of temperature and sound.
• Also, a corporate office environment, extended hours at computer workstation
• Will work with each team member for a specific duration to ensure full access to the day to day operations of the team and to help highlight the different job functions
• Access to team meetings on a weekly basis
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Completed degree or currently enrolled in an Undergraduate degree in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management, or other(s) that require significant levels of critical / analytical thinking
• Must be 18 years of age; 21 years or older is preferred
• Must be available in the Summer months for a total of 400 hours; 10 weeks at 40 hours/week
• High work capacity and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to work with all types of personalities across different work functions within Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
• Continuous curiosity
• Project and time management skills
• Proficient with MS Office based tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to carry out direction both verbally and/or in written form
• Ability to work autonomously
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary. Housing stipends may be available.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.