Gary Farrell Winery, one of Healdsburg's most extraordinary wineries, is currently seeking a Staff/Jr. Accountant to join our accounting team. .We are a dynamic and growing organization, passionate about what we do. We believe in a ‘whole team’ mentality, with a culture where team members support each other and work together to create a company culture that can’t be beat in the wine industry.
YOU WANT TO WORK HERE! Come join our amazing team!
• Competitive compensation
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Program
• Retirement Plan with 3% company match
• Paid Time Off + Paid Sick Time
• Wine Allocation + Discounts
Position Summary: This role provides broad accounting support for the Accounting Manager and Controller while also helping with operational duties on site. This role has functional ownership of posting daily sales transactions, inventory movement, wholesale sales tracking, and monthly compliance. This role includes interaction with all departments and will report directly to the Accounting Manager. Potential for growth of responsibilities in a growing, while being part of a great, well-renowned winery.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
Performs operational and accounting responsibilities in support of management, including but not limited to the following:
• Posting of daily DTC sales and payment batches into accounting system. This includes reconciliation between the POS system and accounting system.
• Functional ownership of A/R, including posting of sales orders, invoices, and payments per policy.
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and reconcile inventory by location to physical counts or third-party warehouse reports, recording adjustments as needed.
• Code compliance, storage, other invoices for A/P as needed
• Liaison with national wholesale sales broker in relation to inquiries via website and phone, in relation to orders and ensuring on time pickup and delivery as required
• Generate customer invoices. Coordinate credit/debit issues, and follow up on delinquent payments
• Coordinate the pickup and distribution of wine samples
• Manage wholesale inventories and alert partners and management of low inventories, and manage holds and vintage transitions
• Receive, enter, and track all wholesale orders and monitor remaining inventory and holds
• Manage international sales by coordinating pricing, sample requests, compliance documentation, labeling, and lab analysis, and shipments of orders
• Point of contact for all inventory locations, monitoring warehouse functions including replenishments, maintenance of inventory, and reporting
• Coordinate all inventory transfers across multiple locations for all departments
• Assist production team with bottling transfers to appropriate warehouse. Schedule tracking, prepare BOLs
• Coordinate physical counts, research inventory discrepancies and record adjustments as necessary
• Record adjustments of Winemaker inventory and conduct annual physical count
• Ownership of the label procurement process, coordinating and communicating the timeline to the Production Team, Graphic Designer, and Label Supplier to ensure that all
informational requests are filled and all delivery deadlines are met, as well as accommodating last minute production requests for new wines/SKUs
• Manage Ship Compliant back-end system: Update and add an new SKUs, manage and monitor licenses in the system and make sure everything is current for shipments
and club runs
• Communicate all updated licenses and compliance information to Wine Shipping (DTC and Club shipping)
• Orders and maintains office and general winery supplies.
• Maintains office equipment, arranges equipment repairs, researches new equipment needs, and coordinates training on new equipment.
• Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through leadership, teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic, and flexibility.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
In addition to these primary duties, Gary Farrell Winery asks its employees to be cross-trained and capable of many tasks. Training and experience will be provided as time and opportunity allow you to grow, learn, and develop new skills within these parameters.
• Minimum 3 years general accounting, administrative, and/or general office support experience. Previous winery experience helpful.
• Strong MS Office skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint).
• Navision experience desired.
• Excellent customer service, employee relations, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects.
• Strong multi-tasking and time management skills, with attention to detail.
• Ability to handle information in a confidential and sensitive manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and must be insurable under the company’s insurance policy.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Position responsibilities and open office environment contribute to regular interruptions. Performing the position responsibilities requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading and talking/listening for extended periods of time. It requires driving and ambulatory skills sufficient to go to the post office and other facilities as needed and to occasionally lift 50 lbs. The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.