With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is open to Chicago IL, Indianapolis IN or Minneapolis MN.
Provides Field Sales direct services and training support. Implements sales training programs for the winery and distributor sales forces in an assigned distributor management area. Maintains a strong presence with distributors providing sales training; facilitating the end-to-end training for winery and distributor employees. Helps manage relationships within the distributor teams allowing for continued business development opportunities for the winery. Works closely with the National US Sales training team in recommending and implementing measures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of sales training programs, driving performance management efforts across the domestic sales.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Provides on-the-job training for new sales employees, representatives and merchandisers.
• Maintains communication with appropriate Sales Management and Director of US Sales Training.
• Trains, develops and coaches new District Managers and Key Account Managers.
• Delivers training and development within the distributors for high potentials.
• Delivers training across the assigned area for winery sales.
• Drives the participation and adoption of overall Gallo U training programs throughout the winery sales area and local distributors (if applicable/accessible).
• Helps modify corporate training curriculums for specific sales use within the area.
• Partners with other training colleagues to develop new offerings in the sales training curriculum.
• Tracks training metrics regarding utilization, effectiveness, spend, etc. associated with training programs.
• Ensures budgetary compliance.
• Identifies employee needs and works to adjust training curriculum as needed, and/or refer employees to appropriate developmental resources.
• Monitors training opportunities within local area (e.g., opportunities to partner with retailers, share groups, etc.) and refers employees for these opportunities.
• Assists in the selection of appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations and computer-based training.
• Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of training and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
• Assists in the organization and development of training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials for the area.
• Drives sales excellence aby assisting in the design and delivery of performance based training programs that include team based skills and technical skills training.
• Models best practice training behaviors.
• Assists in ensuring timely and accurate implementation of sales training programs.
• Represents sales training by participating on interdepartmental planning and management teams and working cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Maintains knowledge of technology programs in order to effectively leverage technology and media in training.
• Has a working knowledge of adult learning principles in order to ensure training is appropriate for adult learnings (e.g., multiple presenters, mixed media).
• Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
• Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset -Driving future-focused change.
• Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
• Strategically focuses his/her time on the biggest opportunities to maximize sales and grow Gallo brands (i.e., all distributors, reps, markets, etc. are not treated equally).
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of Gallo/distributor sales experience; OR Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of external selling experience.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
• Required to travel by air and automobile up to 75% during the course of business
• Required to see, taste, and smell wine and perform product tastings as part of job functions.
• Experience demonstrating strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of Gallo/distributo...