Great Brands – Bigger Purpose
As a Certified B Corporation, Bonterra Organic Estates (formerly Fetzer Vineyards) is grounded in the
transformational goals of regenerative business. Since our founding in 1968, we have been driven by excellence, innovation and longstanding commitments to the environment and responsible business practices.
Part of global powerhouse Viña Concha y Toro, Bonterra Organic Estates is focused on crafting wines made from organic and Regenerative Organic Certified™ grapes from our facility in Mendocino County, California, including category leader Bonterra (named the 2016 Wine Enthusiast American Winery of the Year); sustainability standout Fetzer; and 1000 Stories, California's original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. We are also the nation’s leading importer of South American wines including Casillero del Diablo, the #1 Chilean wine brand (750ml) in the U.S.; Trivento Reserve, the #2 selling Malbec in the U.S.; and Don Melchor, the iconic South American Cabernet Sauvignon.
As senior financial analyst on the Sales and Business Analysis Team (SOBA), you will work closely with our sales and marketing teams in our commercial division, VCT-USA. Acting as a business partner with Accounting, G&A, and sales and marketing managers, you will perform financial accounting, analysis, and planning activities with a focus on accurate and timely results. You will analyze monthly financial results and assigned cost center expenses by collecting, monitoring and studying data in order to support management in the decision-making process.
This primarily remote role is for San Francisco Bay Area candidates who are within commutable distance to the North Bay in order to visit our offices in Healdsburg (Sonoma County) and/or Hopland (Mendocino County) approximately one day/two times per month for meetings, trainings or company events.
Analysis and Reporting – 60%:
• Create monthly management P&L report. Ensure that allocation tables are kept up to date an in alignment with Corporate direction.
• Utilize Bonterra Organic Estates’ systems, including SAP, iDig, Excel, and Board, a cloud-based planning and reporting tool to retrieve, display, input, gather, produce and analyze financial information.
• Develop and manage monthly reporting structure using Board. Manage data inputs and audit system for accuracy of information on a monthly basis.
• Monthly reporting of individual T&E spending vs. budgets. Assist sales and marketing teams with correct inputs and identify areas of concern. Provide ad hoc analysis on spending and provide insights and recommendations to management.
• Provide monthly reporting of commercial P&L to sales and marketing leadership. Develop and send reporting package with key highlights and commentary.
• Update/develop assigned cost center metrics/statistics and key performance indicators
Management Accounting – 20%:
• Work directly with all SG&A cost center managers of assigned areas to determine budgets and projections. This includes requesting, receiving and analyzing appropriated information. Must understand each group assigned and provide recommendations as necessary. Requires frequent communication with cost center managers.
• Oversee the financial accounting, reporting and analyses activities associated with assigned groups. This includes overseeing all month and year-end accounting and closing activities, account analysis and reconciliations.
Special Projects – 20%:
• Participate in special projects, such as preparing ad hoc analyses as requested by managers.
• Positively contribute, through regular conference calls and meetings, to the development and improvement of the SOBA team and the achievement of team objectives and goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and two to four plus years financial analysis-related experience, or equivalent combination education and experience
• An understanding of GAAP and the ability to perform analyses
• Oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly relay information
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs/Sheets
• The ability to work independently and fulfill commitments within specified deadlines
• The ability to maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel
• Strong teamwork and organizational skills with an ability to set priorities for multiple projects
• Working knowledge of SAP, a plus
About Bonterra Organic Estates:
Part of the Viña Concha y Toro family of wineries since 2011, our California winery operation includes
Mendocino County winery, production and over 1000 acres of vineyard locations. The company employs nearly 275 across the United States. Bonterra Organic Estates’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd. Hopland, CA 95449.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://bonterraorganicestates.appone.com Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.