With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
J Vineyards & Winery
$1,000 hiring bonus included!
Under minimal supervision, works as part of a team to support Tasting Room operations in a manner that achieves the established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include cash register operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and service.
What You Will Do:
• Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the visitor center; acts as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor's questions about wines.
• Provides general tourist information.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions (includes operating cash register and accounting of daily sales).
• Supports display and stocking of retail items and wines; and hospitality special events; participates in inventories.
• Understands and effectively communicates the Brand message.
• Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years tasting room, customer service, sales or hospitality including culinary/restaurant experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bachelor's Degree plus 1 year of tasting room, customer service, sales or hospitality experience including culinary/restaurant experience.
• Knowledge of wine and wine production.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 95190
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.