Gallo is proud to be expanding into Chester County, South Carolina! Our Chester County Operations facility will be situated on 630 acres and include bottling and canning capabilities, warehousing, a regional distribution center, and will serve as the eastern hub for our import and export business.
We're approaching 100 years of bold ideas and hard work that unite us in our goal to serve joy in the moments that matter. As a company that has thrived on the simple belief of taking care of our people first, we appreciate and value what matters most to you. We're all about providing some of the best benefits, rewards, and development programs available in your area. We focus on caring and respecting each other, because together, we make growth possible.
At Gallo, we're passionate about bringing our culture to life in Chester County and to building something truly amazing, together.
Chester County Operations | We Serve Joy!
Responsible for development and monitoring of the functional programs necessary to ensure the organization is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards concerning the environment, health and safety at a site level. Works directly with operational managers, team leaders, and team members of all departments.
What You Will Do:
• Performs regular assessments and audits of facilities and programs for compliance with environmental, health and safety requirements.
• Leads the development of site-specific procedures that support environmental, health and safety compliance, ensuring timely and accurate /implementation.
• Develops team leader skills and knowledge in environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements for integration into their respective job duties.
• Develops and implements environmental, health and safety program calendars for tracking of critical audits, permits and associated EHS activities.
• Develops performance measurement reports (metrics scorecards) and generates timely reports to all levels of management.
• Facilitates root cause analysis and monitors status of corrective actions on significant environmental or health and safety related incidents.
• Maintains OSHA 300 Log, lost time and restricted work status, and submits injury data monthly to the Corporate Safety and Health Services Department.
• Collects, evaluates, and disseminates pertinent information relating to environmental, health and safety management and maintains appropriate reference files.
• Liaison with internal and external cross-functional partners.
• Develops and implements effective team member training and education programs related to environmental, health and safety compliance and incident prevention.
• Participates in the Management of Change review process and all Pre-Start Safety Reviews.
• Maintains SDS documents and hazardous material inventories.
• Performs site inspections of contractor construction activities and coordinates with Company project manager for correction of any noted discrepancies.
• Develops and facilitates programs and procedures necessary to obtain or maintain third party certifications (ISO, VPP, PSM, other).
• As necessary, performs fundamental environmental and industrial hygiene monitoring as directed by the EH & amp;S Manager or specialists in these fields.
• Participates in or leads department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve environmental, health and safety processes.
• Oversees and handles projects that have short term to long term focus.
• Balances planning efforts with day to day demands.
• Ensures recordkeeping requirements are maintained per local, state and federal environmental and occupational safety regulatory agency requirements.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, safety, and health regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of environmental, health, safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR high school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of environmental, health, safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Skilled in developing clear written communications, procedures, and work instructions.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license, or appropriate state driver's license, within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biology or Chemistry plus 5 years of training/monitoring/evaluating employee safety for a manufacturing facility reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Possession of EHS related certifications (Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST), Certified Hazardous Materials Manger (CHMM), or other nationally recognized certification.
• Experience working with mid-level management in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
• Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with severa...