Nelson's Green Brier Distillery is seeking a committed Gift Shop Attendant that will provide a world-class guest experience in line with our core values and standards. Will be responsible for facilitating the guest's visit to the retail space and to welcome kiosk with a "Yes First" attitude and gracious hospitality. The role focuses mainly on the retail experience but has responsibility to assist with the overall well-being and function of the total Hospitality Program. This position will also work closely with other departments including the Tour Guide and Food & Beverage team to accomplish their individual objectives. Will report directly to the Gift Shop Supervisor. Compensation includes tips. Please note that we are taking every precaution to keep our team and guests safe and healthy regarding Covid-19. The health and wellbeing of our team and our guests is our main priority.
* Actively sell distillery tours, tastings, bottles and merchandise
* Assist, answer questions, and direct distillery visitors throughout their visit
* Be able to provide information about not only the distillery but also Nashville as a tourist destination
* Operate reservation system to process online reservations, walk-up sales, and voucher redemptions
* Follow all cash-handling protocols to ensure accurate and efficient sales transactions
* Maintain stock levels and cleanliness of gift shop
* Answer Retail phone and assist with any questions
* Give tours of facility and tastings of NGBD products as needed.
* Step in for bartending or barback shifts in tasting room and event space as needed.
* 1-2 Years of Retail or other customer-service related field
* Ability to proficiently handle cash transactions with 1-2 years of related work.
* Communication, organizational skills and attention to detail
* An open, friendly and composed attitude even in high stress environment.
* Versatility is key, as the ideal candidate will be able to handle changing responsibilities and roles as the day demands
* Knowledge of the Nashville area is a plus.
* Knowledge and enjoyment of whiskey and other spirits is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be tasting room/barrel room (For Hospitality Roles)
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nelson's Green Brier Distillery
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).