Korbel Champagne Cellars, located in the picturesque Russian River Valley, has been a California Champagne producer in Sonoma County since 1882. With thousands of tourists visiting every year, our winery is nothing short of beautiful.
The Accounting Department is seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Accountant with strong analytical, communication and technical skills. This position will work under the direction of the Accounts Processing Manager and will provide support to the accounts payable, billing/AR and payroll operations. Emphasis is placed on timely processing with a high degree of accuracy. The position works closely with two Accounts Processors and one Payroll Administrator; opportunity for advancement to Manager within two years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the Accounts Processing Manager in all facets of AP, Billing/AR & Payroll administration.
• Conduct check runs weekly. Pursue discount opportunities on vendor invoices.
• Review monthly AP & AR closes, including preparation of requisite monthly reconciliations and reports.
• Respond to vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices and check requests; assist in resolving discrepancies.
• Monitor Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable balances via Aging reports; prepare analysis of accounts as required.
• Oversee Unclaimed Property/Unclaimed Wages processes and reporting.
• Assist the Payroll Administrator in all payroll processing functions (including 401k), when necessary; review Hourly, Salary and Interim payrolls for accuracy and completeness.
• Oversee the monthly close process for Payroll, including preparation of requisite reconciliations and reports, as needed.
• Assist with quarterly, annual, and ad hoc projects, as needed. This includes a) annual audits and b) Form 1099 and W-2 preparation and filing.
A bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in accounting or business with a minimum of two (2) years accounting experience. High proficiency in Excel required. Prior experience with ERP systems is highly desirable. Salary depends on experience.
Full Time positions include the following competitive benefits:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401(k) plan with Company Match
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Discounts
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume, stating your salary requirements, to F. Korbel & Bros., 13250 River Rd., Guerneville, CA 95446, Attn: HR or email to HR@korbel.com