1. Promptly and accurately opens mail, prepares deposits and applies payments against the accounts receivable.
2. Compiles, validates and enters documents -- such as invoices, returns, debits, credits, Pickup Requests, checks, etc. -- substantiating business transactions, verifying accuracy and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
3. Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received, to accounting databases.
4. Reconciles customer accounts by resolving A/R discrepancies and problems. Issue customer price corrections and other credits in accordance with departmental procedures.
5. Responds to customer or sales person A/R inquiries and makes/sends outgoing calls, emails, letters and/or faxes as needed or assigned.
6. Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor/manager.
7. Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
8. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
1. Generates standard reports as needed.
2. Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
3. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment
Telephone, fax machine, copier, computer, calculator, scanner
Lifting up to 20 lbs., bending, sitting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity.
1. High school diploma
2. 2-3 years' experience in A/R with thorough knowledge of accounting principles and terminology
3. Excellent math, interpersonal, communication skills.
4. Intermediate Excel knowledge is a must.
5. Highly detail-oriented with proven ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
6. 10-key data entry by touch, 10,000 kph minimum, required.