The Warehouse Operator will play an important role in ensuring our warehouse operates with optimum precision and efficiency, helping to fulfill orders and prepare them for shipment. Daily tasks would include, checking for damaged or missing items, moving stock around by hand or using forklift truck, picking and packing orders, keeping paperwork up to date and general warehouse maintenance.
* Store received goods in the appropriate locations within the warehouse
* Check loads for damaged or missing items upon receipt
* Move and rearrange stock, either by hand or with heavy lifting equipment
* Assist Warehouse Coordinator with processing documents for daily shipping/receiving.
* Clean the space and ensure that goods don't get damaged
* Assist Warehouse Coordinator in developing new SOP's and storage plans
* Become knowledgeable in various WMS systems to ensure proper inventory tracking
* Participates in warehouse physical inventories
* Assists warehouse, coordinators and management with miscellaneous tasks, including but not limited to dock activity and verification, reporting, filing and data entry.
* High school diploma or GED
* PIT Certification
* Strong knowledge of warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices
* Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
* Computer proficiency, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office software
* Working knowledge of spreadsheets and computerized order management
* Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multitask
* Problem analysis and problem resolution
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Commitment to company values
* Reliable transportation
* 2 years of experience in warehouse operations
* Knowledge of computerized inventory and tracking systems
* Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and move more than 100 pounds.
* The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
* Work Environment:
+ Works outdoors/indoors
+ Works in warm/cold climates
+ Works on wet surfaces
+ Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
+ Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).