Family owned for over 40 years, Rombauer Vineyards seeks an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented Assistant Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager to join the team at our dynamic, fast-paced Tasting Room at our St. Helena winery.
We are seeking someone who shares our core values of teamwork, integrity and passion. The ideal candidate truly enjoys managing a team and working with the public. They are professional, self-motivated, organized, and efficient with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing daily activities of the Tasting Room and assists the Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains managerial responsibilities in the absence of the Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager
• Guide the team toward its goals, see that all team members are productive, engaged and resolve problems as they arise
• Assists with hiring, orientation, scheduling, training, coaching and evaluating of teammates
• Assist with inventory scheduling, counts and reconciliation
• Assist with ordering wine, merchandise and general service supplies
• Act as knowledge resource for the team
• Conduct trainings and educations
• Keep environment a productive and positive workplace
• Maintains a clean and safe environment
• Performs all duties associated with tasting room roles including: Tasting Room Lead, Host/Hostess, Guest Ambassador and Retail Sales Support
• Ensure pre-opening and ongoing inspection of all visitor space (parking lot, signage, entrances, bathrooms and walkways)
• Responsible for completion of all opening and closing procedures, including daily cash deposits
• Update point of sale documents
• Creation and buildout of promotional, decorative and merchandise displays
• Reports maintenance issues in a timely manner for corrective action
• Ensures appliances and fixtures are maintained to health and sanitation standards
• Ensures a wonderful wine tasting experience
• Conducts consumer, trade and VIP tours
• Acts as customer service representative handling customer complaints and returns
• Assists with special events
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High School diploma or GED
• Three to five years of wine industry experience
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of wines sold
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail skills
• Responsible Beverage Service Training
• CPR and First Aid Training
• Sexual Harassment Training
• Pallet Jack Training
• Forklift Training
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Food Handler’s Training
• Management Training
Equipment used in the performance of the assignment:
• Windows Office suite
• Commerce 7, Tock, NAV, and Ship Compliant
• Pallet Jack, Forklift, Hand Truck
Rombauer Vineyards offers a competitive salary and incentive program as well as a positive work environment where team members are devoted to the highest quality of customer satisfaction delivered with a sense of graciousness, pride, fun, and company spirit. Come join our friendly and knowledgeable staff and become a part of our family!
This position requires regular standing and walking. In addition, the employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds.
Any employment offer is conditional until successful completion and passing of a pre-employment physical examination and drug screening paid. Rombauer Vineyards offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package.