Join a great team (who are passionate about our brand) while earning a competitive base pay with extra earning potential from commission and gratuity opportunities.
MUMM NAPA is seeking enthusiastic, goal orientated individuals to join our Visitor Center Sales/ Hospitality Team. Currently, we have openings for Part Time Hospitality Sales/Representatives; weekends are required.
This position is designed to provide guests to Mumm Napa with an outstanding and unique winery experience. Our sales/hospitality representative’s work with a team of skilled professionals to ensure guests receive the best impression of Mumm Napa, with a focus at all times on customer service and sales. The presentation made to the guests must be carried out properly, professionally, and in a manner consistent with the philosophies and image of Mumm Napa. Sales/ Hospitality representatives will have strong knowledge and passion for wine and exhibit enthusiasm in sharing this information with our guests.
POSITION SUMMARY: Promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and non-wine products in the Winery Visitor Center & Salon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing guests with an outstanding and unique experience through:
• A friendly and sincere greeting
• Educates guests about Mumm Napa’s history and wines.
• Anticipates guests needs
• Develops ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
• Pours and describes wines and winemaking techniques
• Sets up and conducts general and private guided tours and salon tastings
• A friendly and sincere farewell, using guests name when possible
• Promotes and sells Mumm Wine Club, wine products and gift merchandise
• Handles routine retail transactions, including operating cash registers/accounting for daily sales consistently and accurately.
• Package wines for guests
• Assists with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons/dinners.
• Participate in opening and closing duties and maintain a clean work space.
• Answer phones professionally when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls.
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues.
• Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
• Assist Supervisors in providing a safe and secure environment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bilingual capability a plus
• Excellent math skills with consistent accuracy
• Strong ability to close sales
• Ability to communicate membership and product knowledge effectively
• Knowledge of wine & wine production
• Strong verbal and communication skills required.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a regular basis