The Tour Guide at Nelson's Green Brier Distillery is responsible for educating guests on the rich history, operation and products at Nelson's Green Brier Distillery. The Tour Guide role focuses mainly on the educational experience but has responsibility to assist with the overall well-being and function of the Hospitality program. This position will also work closely with other departments including the Gift Shop and Food & Beverage program to accomplish their individual objectives. The Tour Guide will report directly to the Tour Supervisor.
* Interacts personally with our guests, regaling them with the true "rags to riches" story of Charles Nelson and his family and how Charlie and Andy rediscovered the lost family lore.
* Tasting and education of Nelson's products, Tennessee Whiskey, Bourbon and other spirits.
* Educating guests on the process of mashing and distilling our Tennessee Whiskey, terminology and requirements.
* Complete guest transactions at Gift Shop as needed. Cash handling expected.
* Step for bartending or barback shifts in tasting room and event space as needed.
* Complete opening and closing duties for the FOH (Front of House)
* 1-2 years of experience in Hospitality, Restaurants, Hotels, Theater or other customer service/guest facing role.
* Knowledgeable of spirits, wine and/or beer.
* Strong team-player qualities
* Attention to detail
* Ability to be in front of a large crowd, confident public speaker
* Cash Handling or retail experience a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be tasting room/barrel room
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nelson's Green Brier Distillery
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).