• Ensures all routes are delivered in a timely manner.
• Manages coverage of drivers, accounting for vacations, absences, etc.
• Monitors performance of drivers and reports any disciplinary issues to the Sr. Transportation Manager.
• Responsible for payroll submissions, vacation approvals, recruiting, and conducting performance appraisals on direct reports.
• Completes scheduled driver audits for all drivers in assigned territory.
• Maintains all fuel receipts for all terminals, matching them to monthly billing statements.
• Keeps daily Error Log with Driver Check-In Coordinator to monitor delivery, warehouse, and sales errors.
• Acts as liaison between drivers and sales consultants.
• Recruits and trains all new drivers in accordance with company orientation checklist and DOT New Driver criteria.
• Fills in as emergency back-up for any route in the event driver is unavailable.
• Works with Director of Transportation to maintain compliance with all DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations.
• Perform spot vehicle inspections and report findings to Sr. Transportation Manager.
• Assists accounting staff with any delivery questions.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed-upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Trains staff on and follows all vehicular safety policies and procedures; actively makes improvements to processes to ensure highest level of safety at all times; reports all accidents to the appropriate group.
• Communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Manual dexterity, visual acuity, reaching, bending, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds.
• High school diploma or GED; additional education preferred.
• One year of supervisory experience in a logistics role.
• Valid driver's license; CDL preferred.
• Three to five years of experience as truck driver.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.