Great wine has character. Ours has character—and purpose.
Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of multi-origin wines selling in over 50 countries worldwide. Founded by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, CA, in 1968, and part of global powerhouse Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards today remains driven by excellence, innovation and longstanding commitments to the environment and responsible business practices. With a focus on crafting wines made from sustainable, organic and Biodynamic® grapes, Fetzer Vineyards is a Top-12 U.S. marketer of wines, the nation’s primary importer of South American wines, and the United States’ largest Certified B Corporation winery—a testament to the company’s dedication to the transformational goals of regenerative business.
As a cellar worker, you will perform a variety of skilled cellar operation duties related to wine production in both the winery and barrel cellars. This is a regular, full-time role (not seasonal) and you are eligible to enroll in first-day medical, dental, vision and 401(k) benefit offerings.
Duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning and sanitizing all production equipment, processing fruit during harvest, transferring/blending wine while maintaining wine quality and efficiency.
Fetzer Vineyards is proud of the following successes and seeks like-minded individuals who are eager to contribute ideas and work for a company which values:
• (FSSC 22000) Certification
• Utilizing technology such as auto red fermenter, automated barrel machines and Scada monitoring system for monitoring of most equipment
• Team members with cellar expertise and tenure averaging 20 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to read, understand and complete paperwork accurately and completely in English
• Sample wine from tanks and barrels and label before delivering to laboratory
• Safely handle cleaning chemicals and wine additives
• Rack, fill, top, stir and empty wine barrels
• Accurately measure tanks using a tape measure
• Racking and blending wine according to instructions on the work order
• Make additions to juice or wine in barrels and/or tanks
• Sanitize all equipment and production areas, including but not limited to presses, tanks, pumps, hoses, floors, walls and drains
• Operate less complex equipment like pumps, heat exchangers and tank washers
• Operate moderately complex equipment such as D.O. meter, mini centrifuge and nephelometer
• May operate more complex cellar equipment including crossflow filters, centrifuges, barrel lines and presses
• More skilled cellar worker may use forklift to move barrels, cellar equipment and case goods
• More skilled cellar worker may oversee temporary, seasonal and entry-level cellar workers
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2-5 years or more related experience required; less experienced candidates with 0-2 years experience looking to move into this type of work are encouraged to apply
• Lead by example, ability to multi-task; exercise good judgment
• Demonstrate high work ethic, commitment to quality and safety
• Self-starter with a positive attitude
• Attention to detail; observant and ability to focus/complete duties/tasks
• Good communication skills required to ensure smooth workflow and completion of tasks
• Valid CA driver's license may be required
• May require forklift certification or ability to be forklift certified within first year of employment
• Respirator certification, or the ability to be certified, required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills, a plus
Requires flexibility to work a varied schedule which includes 4 days/10 hours per day. Shifts include 5:00am to 3:30pm and 2:00pm to 12:30am.
Requires ability to work extended hours during Harvest which may involve six days/week during peak season.
Ability to lift and carry, push and pull up to 50-100 lbs. on a frequent basis; requires ability to constantly walk and stand; frequently climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend; occasionally reach outward and upward; requires hand and finger dexterity. Requires PPE such as safety toe footwear and safety glasses.
Fetzer Vineyards 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449. Hopland is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Our California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and over 1000 acres of vineyard locations. The company employs approximately 275 across the United States.
In addition to its flagship Fetzer label, the Fetzer Vineyards portfolio features Bonterra Organic Vineyards, the 2016 Wine Enthusiast American Winery of the Year; 1000 Stories; Casillero del Diablo, the #1 Chilean wine brand (750ml) in the U.S.; and Trivento Reserve, the #3 selling Malbec in the U.S. The Origins Collection—an esteemed portfolio of super-premium to super-luxury offerings centered on terroir-driven wines from Chile, Argentina and the U.S.—showcases South American icons Don Melchor and Trivento Eolo Malbec, alongside Bonterra’s single-vineyard, biodynamically farmed wines.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.