We are taking applications for full-time and part-time work. Please indicate what you are interested in on your application.
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is the quintessential Ehlers Estate brand representative. This person is primarily responsible for providing hospitality to visitors of the estate, as well as actively selling wine to members of our allocation list. The Tasting Room Sales Associate must remember that he or she represents a reputable international philanthropic organization and may be held accountable for activities during or outside of work hours that may reflect poorly on that organization.
The ideal candidate would have prior sales and customer service experience, focused on in-person selling (tasting room, waiter, luxury retail, or good). Wine education and a passion for wine are essential, as well as a professional manner, verbal and written. Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who likes to work alongside a small team, is a creative thinker, has a true passion for hospitality, and is focused on building long-term relationships.
• Provide world-class customer service to on-site visitors
• Set up and host private wine tastings for visitors to the estate, paying close attention to details
• Build and strengthen relationships with current and new clients through continuous follow-up after the sale
• Perform opening and closing procedures daily for the Tasting Room
• Continually monitor tasting areas to ensure safety and sanitation
• Assist in restocking, packaging & shipping, and keeping an accurate inventory of wine and goods
• Use our CRM to accurately facilitate wine orders and cash handling
• Accurately log information and communication for each customer in our CRM
• Field inbound calls appropriately regarding tasting reservations, wholesale inquiries, and other topics and transfer to other team members as necessary
• Research and understand our customers and seek out ways to upsell and minimize member attrition
• Warm calling our wine club members and previous customers
• Analyze and respond to all leads and guest feedback in a timely manner
• Collaborate with other Team Members to identify and solve issues in the tasting room
• Report weekly sales reports and objectives to the Hospitality Manager and Direct to Consumer Manager, with a focus on identifying key performance indicators and contributing to sales strategies
• Assist in events, private dinners, and various site activities
• Represent the brand at occasional off-site events
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge/interest in wine production and appreciation of the wine world
• Maintain familiarity with trade partners, local wineries, and other hospitality businesses, to act as a concierge for our guests
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 3 years of experience in winery sales, or luxury goods company
• A passion for wine and food
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility in scheduling to ensure business needs are met, including the ability to work weekends and holidays
• Computer proficiency: MS Office, Database, and POS software experience
• Ability to prioritize and get work done in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong attention to detail and highly accurate
• Self-motivated and able to work well within a small team
• Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
• Dependable team member who is committed to the overall success of Ehlers Estate
• High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid CA Driver’s license
• Must be able to work in the United States
Ehlers Estate is an equal opportunity employer.
$20-$24 per hour
Wine Club Sign-up bonus
Full-time employment will be eligible for health insurance benefits.