Position Summary: The Calistoga Depot Provisions Assistant Store Manager reports to and assists the Store Manager with overall operations and P&L responsibilities. The Assistant Store Manager is passionate about artisan, gourmet culinary products. The role ensures the team is performing all functions necessary to the daily operation, including managing inventory control, pricing integrity, maintenance of store and storage area, ordering product and supplies, and store appearance. Further the ability to upsell by implementing merchandising initiatives to promotes sales is key. This role must provide excellent guest service while maximizing profitability. The wide variety of duties requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relation skills.
The Assistant Store Manager promotes the style, ideals, mission, and vision of the Calistoga Depot Provision and Boisset Collection brands through attitude and demeanor and sharing passion and knowledge for gourmet items with team members and guests.
Calistoga Depot Provisions
• Lead mission and values and integration of Calistoga Depot Provisions.
• Deliver excellent guest experiences that creates a long-term brand loyalty.
• Bring a keen knowledge of, and passion for, high-end gourmet products; using existing contacts and merchants to source such products with support from the Boisset Collection team.
• Develop understanding of the Calistoga Depot history; storytelling to engage guests and team members.
• Partner with Store Manager and team to maintain creative store layouts and product merchandising, including wine, to achieve the highest quality sales promotion programs that attract customers.
• Analyze profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet the goal; work with Store Manager and team to implement solutions based on suggested improvements.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Ensure teams and guests follow and comply with established procedures, health, and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices. Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Help Store Manager coordinate with HR for hiring needs. Support recruitment as needed including developing job descriptions, requesting job postings, monitoring incoming candidates, setting up interviews and facilitating offers & onboarding.
• Execute Performance Management plans to drive team member performance.
• Reduce or maintain annual turnover for the location; deliver annual review process.
• Maintain open communication with all the staff regarding company policies, goals, procedures, events etc. Schedule and conduct regular team meetings, seminars, and other events to enhance communication and teamwork.
• Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a passion for food and wine.
• Manage and maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and ensure team takes requirement meal and rest breaks.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: A basic English comprehension and speech requirement exists for all accounts payable.
• Read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions.
• Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Utilize common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems.
• Prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team.
• Adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Complete computer skills which can include e-mail, internet.
• Competency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database activities.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Previous retail or restaurant experience a plus.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handles items, and work with the fingers.
• Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight.
• Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation, in a retail environment.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar) space or kitchen with changing conditions.
• Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings.
• Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.